What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Has anyone seen the Stripes available on option

A

Anonymous

If anyone has noticed you can now order these stripes that are not the Feline side stripes, rather full stripes in 3 varying styles called My RCZ no 1, 2 or 3

Just wondering if anyone has actually seen or ordered a car with these stripes out of curiosity.

(Check on the Peugeot RCZ configuration system to see these stripes)

from what I can tell from the site I am not sure on them, especially no 1 and no 3 I am not keen on, thats saying no 2 does not look too bad actually.

A

Anonymous

They are very subtle, blending with, rather than contrasting sharply with the body colour. One of the RCZs that we had on display at the RCZ Meeting, held at Pinley House last September heatured them. The car in question was a Mercury Grey example, and I am sure that those who attended and looked at this particular RCZ, would remark that they are indeed very subtle.

RCZ1

Reaction score
They have been available since launch I believe. At least they were in the option list I had when I was ordering my RCZ back in February 2010.

A

Anonymous

The only car I have seen them on is the one that Peugeot Group has spoken about, yes they were very subtle !

soundwave5150

Reaction score
I saw a mercury with the centre stripes drive past and thought it really suited it. wouldn't normally consider that sort of thing, but am now tempted by that combo.

A

Anonymous

Oh.

I saw a white RCZ with Feline Stripes on the M25 Jct 8/9 yesterday in the murk! I was driving a van sadly :(

Sorry, I really disliked it. Totally spoiled the side of the car for me.

Maybe it's different on other colours.

Davie

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman said:
Oh.

I saw a white RCZ with Feline Stripes on the M25 Jct 8/9 yesterday in the murk! I was driving a van sadly :(

Sorry, I really disliked it. Totally spoiled the side of the car for me.

Maybe it's different on other colours.

Davie
Davie the stripes in question are not the Feline ones, but ones that were on the option list as option 1, 2 & 3. I didn't like the look of them in the brochure but have not seen any of them on a car. Not that I see too many RCZs about

A

Anonymous

Ahhhh thank you for putting me right

I shall reserve judgement upon the feline till I see!!

A

Anonymous

Damnfoolman said:

Sorry Davie. Poorly worded reply from me. I strongly suspect that what you saw and did not particularly like was indeed the feline stripe. (along lower side of car) The one being discussed from memory ran down the bonnet, boot as well as the lower edge of the side before sweeping up in front the the pronounced wheel arch. The three styles were a single narrow strip, two stripes or one wide one. Hopefully after all of this explanation I am on the correct wavelength of this thread :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

This thread got me thinking....I've only ever seen 1 car with the factory stripes....so........I've got a set of RCZ no 2 stripes on order with the parts guys...pics to follow :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

If I had the nerve, then I would have gone for No 1. You may well sell a few if customers could see the effect, rather than just trying to imagine it. Well done Marcus you are a true pioneer.

A

Anonymous

Been called all sorts of things before Ron but pioneer is a first :D :beer:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Damnfoolman said:

Sorry Davie. Poorly worded reply from me. I strongly suspect that what you saw and did not particularly like was indeed the feline stripe. (along lower side of car) The one being discussed from memory ran down the bonnet, boot as well as the lower edge of the side before sweeping up in front the the pronounced wheel arch. The three styles were a single narrow strip, two stripes or one wide one. Hopefully after all of this explanation I am on the correct wavelength of this thread :thumbup:

I was about to reply again, as I then went to look at the flippin feline striped things and Yup it was those very fellows :crazy:

I return to my original statement, which was that.....sorry really did not think they look good at all.

Just my opinion of course.

Davie

pete.garratt

Reaction score
I've seen the feline strips on an opal white RCZ. It looked pretty good. The black wheels it also had helped, I think.

I personally wasn't attracted to them. White's not my sort of colour and I didn't fancy any of the strips. I felt they distracted form the beautiful shape of the car. I much preferred the way light creates dark and bright shape over the cars curves.

Mine's Shark Grey, by the way.