What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Has anyone noticed tickover in 6th gear is 30 mph?

A

Anonymous

It' maintains the speed even when I take my foot off the accelerator ! :shock:

I've corrected your subject title just to stop any confusion

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I havent noticed the 30 mph, but have felt the engine reving when I slow down and take foot off accelerator,wonder if it is anything to do with cruise control/speed setting ??

FGRob

Reaction score
Now I understand what you were saying, yes it would be normal, it's just the same as pulling off in 1st gear without using the throttle which is very common with a diesel car - loads of torque plus the fuelling is different to petrol which is why you can't do the same thing in a petrol.

Driving in 6th gear at 30 mph is not the sort of thing you should be doing, you have no reserve for slowing down except to stall the engine, hence your comment that it continues driving, if I was you I would select a better gear. :thumbup:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

It was just an observation I had one day when slowing for a thirty, I lifted off way before the limit and the speed stopped decreasing when it got down to 30. I don't usually do 30 in 6th but have never had a car hold it's idle speed in gear.

FGRob

Reaction score
RCZ White said:
It was just an observation I had one day when slowing for a thirty, I lifted off way before the limit and the speed stopped decreasing when it got down to 30. I don't usually do 30 in 6th but have never had a car hold it's idle speed in gear.
Diesel tickovers are extremely strong due to the nature of the injection system / compression, I've actually got out of a diesel left it in first gear when I got stuck in snow once and pushed from the outside, it only moves slowly but enough to help move it. I'm not saying you should do this, but I was younger then and it was a company car :crazy: :crazy:

Rob.