What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

has anyone had a look at the mini coupe yet in the flesh?

A

Anonymous

i do recommend everyone should have a look at them they do make you feel glad you bought an RCZ not a mini coupe.

the interior has no way near the same level of quality (the roof lining appears to be what a boot cover is made out of) and the rear view is woeful especially if the spoiler up which managed to cover the entire rear window (which the dealers are obsessed with having them up) and no attempt at all to cover up the fact the interior is exactly the same as the 5 grand cheaper mini hatchback.

the mini's boot is a lot better than the mini hatchback (which is not hard to beat I think i can carry more by hand than the mini's boot can)

looks wise that up to everyone but next to a hatchback it does have more presence yes but looks i'll leave that up to you.

though the salesmen did eventually admit (took some time to get him to say it) but he did admit that they did have a go in the rivals to the mini coupe (which included the RCZ, forgot to ask about the others but I think we know the other rivals already)

and he did say the mini coupe is more fun but said the RCZ is much better for long distance driving...

which in my mind that means the RCZ is better for everyday living and the mini is for weekend thrashes. (except for that you wouldn't buy one you would buy something like an Mazda MX5)

oh and the one I sat in was for sale at £28 grand and the rcz still had more on it standard that this one did.

A

Anonymous

Re: has anyone had a look at the mini coupe yet in the flesh

not been a mini fan at all especially the dashboard but there is a mini showroom not far from me so they had the new mini on the forecourt so last week with nowt else to do when passing the garage i stopped and had a look around it i thought it was different and actually really like it.it was in a dolphin like blue colour with bonnet stripes{ would look cool in white} and the spec was quite high but it had no price on it?but the cooper S model should be great fun to drive and mini residuals are almost bulletproof and it will sell and last longer than the rcz as the build quality is german/bmw.would i buy one NO its a genuinely female car.

RCZ1

Reaction score

The roof looks extremey strange to me although I've not actually seen one in the flesh yet.
A review I read of the Mini Coupe said in the wet it felt quite unstable (It was the works version).
Build quality of the Mini is not that great in my experience - the one I owned rattled like no-ones business and the ride was awful (it did have run flat tyres which are renowned for it). Don't know if the Coupe has them too?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The roof looks extremey strange to me although I've not actually seen one in the flesh yet.
A review I read of the Mini Coupe said in the wet it felt quite unstable (It was the works version).
Build quality of the Mini is not that great in my experience - the one I owned rattled like no-ones business and the ride was awful (it did have run flat tyres which are renowned for it). Don't know if the Coupe has them too?

at an educated guess it will no doubt have dunlop ones.RCZ1its funky looking car very modern.the minis chassis has more to do with the rock hard ride than the runflats as was my type R hence the gocart like ride and by the way runflats are optional extra £75.

also i just loaded both cooper S AND John Cooper Works Car to the hilt £26000 for the cooper S AND £30,000 FOR the works version with every conceivable option even more equipment than fully loaded petrol 156bhp 200bhp gt rcz's so its priced very similar i would say the rcz is even more expensive :shock: