What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Has Anybody Tried ..........

A

Anonymous

markkaren said:
if you were only going to have one cleaning product i would strongly recommend this product used it for years -but it will cause swirl marks can be used on glass chrome the works
what i have learned is always wash your car first. for speed can not be beating

Are you saying Showroom Shine has caused swirl marks?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
markkaren said:
if you were only going to have one cleaning product i would strongly recommend this product used it for years -but it will cause swirl marks can be used on glass chrome the works
what i have learned is always wash your car first. for speed can not be beating

Are you saying Showroom Shine has caused swirl marks?

All these products will, over time. Its inevitable.

A

Anonymous

I liked the idea of having one of these cleaners for emergency times when I couldn't devote a full detail to Freddie so I searched various voices of authority and Eureka waterless cleaner came away with a good review so I purchased some online. Here's what they say about it:
AS SEEN ON TV
- VOC approved.
- Eco friendly.
- Our specially designed Waterless Showroom includes Carnauba Wax and Kaolin
clay.
- Non toxic and biodegradable.
- NO Petroleum distillates.
- NO Solvents.
- NO Kerosene.
- NO Silicones.
- Cleans and polishes without water .
- Cleans and polishes any non –porous surface.
- Its great all over the home, on vehicles, fibreglass, stainless steel, plastic, tile etc.
- Won’t leave streaks, smears, scratches or water spots .
- Save money on car wash fees .
- Achieve brilliant cleaning results in a matter of minutes.
- Give your pride and joy the shine it deserves.
- Have that showroom looking shine in minutes.
- Around 4-6 cleans per bottle (dependent on size of car and dirt/grime)

I tried it out this morning and it really brought Freddie's flanks up beautifully. There were some muddy streaks from recent rural roads and with a few seconds' soaking they came off just like soap and water had been used. After buffing the paint is smooth and gleaming and I'm VERY impressed. However, when I can I will still use soap/water/manual labour :thumbup: but this is certainly something I'd be happy to recommend.

A

Anonymous

bangorrcz you have said it all there pal and i agree, it is no hasle to use and a gleeming car in less than halve a hour. on the tv ad they spray paint on a door panel that had the showroom shine on and let it set. then apply more polish which removes the spray paint easyly.

RCZ1

Reaction score
This is interesting L. I wish I could see / watch someone use this in person, just to see how it does actually work. There are times when a quick wash would be useful, but I still feel "scared" about using one. K

A

Anonymous

dont be scared i used it on my nera black 308cc from new and it still looked new when i px it for my rcz

A

Anonymous

rcz1 have a look at the video on ideal world showroom shine site,recon you will be swayed.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
This is interesting L. I wish I could see / watch someone use this in person, just to see how it does actually work. There are times when a quick wash would be useful, but I still feel "scared" about using one. K
Maybe someone could demonstrate the waterless car wash techniques/products at your owners' meeting in February. All I can say is that Auto Express gives it 4 stars and I LOVE it!

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

Today I thought I'd use the Eureka waterless cleaner on Freddie and give him a thorough going over. Very easy to use (although he wasn't too dirty really, just splashes rather than muck) and buff off and the paint felt lovely. Then I used my new purchase...Meguiar's NXT Tech wax...gorgeous!!! Lovely smell, easy as pie to apply and really quite easy to buff off even by hand, although at the end of all that buffing I felt ready for a lie down :lol: . Anyway, very pleased with the end result and it took a fraction of the time of using traditional shampoos/polish/wax. Here's Freddie in all his glory:

Attachments

• Freddie washed and waxed.jpg
    Freddie washed and waxed.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4,940
A

Anonymous

I think it's a case of no pain no gain. I suspect that the easier a wax is to apply, the less durable it will be. But at least a quality waterless wash & wax will add protection with every application.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
I think it's a case of no pain no gain. I suspect that the easier a wax is to apply, the less durable it will be.

I think I'd have to disagree with you there Brooktop. :D

My favourite waxes have all been a joy to use. Easy to apply - (I apply mine with my bare hands :!:) and easy to buff off to. Durability is 4 months for them too - so long enough to be newly protected every new season.
I'd go so far as to say that the wax which has 12 month durability claims, was an absolute bu***r to remove and I won't use it again. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Brooktop said:
I think it's a case of no pain no gain. I suspect that the easier a wax is to apply, the less durable it will be.

I think I'd have to disagree with you there Brooktop. :D

My favourite waxes have all been a joy to use. Easy to apply - (I apply mine with my bare hands :!:) and easy to buff off to. Durability is 4 months for them too - so long enough to be newly protected every new season.
I'd go so far as to say that the wax which has 12 month durability claims, was an absolute bu***r to remove and I won't use it again. :thumbdown:

Was that the Collinite?

What I meant was that something that sprays on won't last as long as something requiring elbow grease...but no doubt you'll disagree with me again :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^ No Brooktop, this time I will agree with you and yes it was the Collinite wax that really was a pain to buff off. :D

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
^^^ No Brooktop, this time I will agree with you and yes it was the Collinite wax that really was a pain to buff off. :D
Good to know...I'll avoid that one if YOU give it the thumbs down :thumbdown: . The Meguiar's one is a liquid wax with sponge applicator and its instructions were to apply to entire car then buff to a wet-looking finish. Stopped at petrol station on way home this evening and it's raining and as I was coming back to Freddie I had to admit he looked fab :thumbup: all wet and shiny :D .

RCZ1

Reaction score
^^^ I have to agree with you L. All this snow and rain is leaving some lovely beading on Pearl - in fact I would go so far as to say, its the best beading I have ever had. I'm really impressed with the Werkstat sealant I've got on Pearl at the moment and the Gtechniq stuff on the windows is A M A Z I N G (to quote Revell-Horwood) :D I've still to use my windscreen wipers :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
^^^ I have to agree with you L. All this snow and rain is leaving some lovely beading on Pearl - in fact I would go so far as to say, its the best beading I have ever had. I'm really impressed with the Werkstat sealant I've got on Pearl at the moment and the Gtechniq stuff on the windows is A M A Z I N G (to quote Revell-Horwood) :D I've still to use my windscreen wipers :thumbup:
WOW! That Gtech stuff must be something special! Might just have to invest in some of that. We get a lot of precipitation here in the Emerald Isle :lol: