What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

hard wire dash cam

sean

Reaction score
Hi all,
after a couple of near misses, obviously my fault think I must have the car on invisibility mode. I have decided to get a front and rear dash cam and just waiting for the hard wire kit to arrive. its a simple looking one, one wire to the chassis and one to a perm live fuse, anyone know which fuse would be best to use?
Thanks

newkiebrown

Reaction score
Check what fuse size your dashcam needs and pretty sure it comes with a piggyback fuse for hardwiring. If you have a volt meter you need to ensure that the fuse is a permanent "live" fuse fi you have a dashcam with parking mode on it. Otherwise any fuse at the AMps you need will do. I ran mine through the headliner and down the arch then there's a hole that feeds nicely down into the glove box. The fuses are all in there which made it easy to fit.

If you go for a battery backup, like I did, I then ran the wire behind the dash and into the centre console and hard wired it to the harddrive in there that the sat nav works from. You just pop off the plastic centre piece with the spoiler button on and you can easily access the electrics below. Just need a long socket set.

If you want a couple of pics I can send some over but it's pretty easy to access all the points I've mentioned