What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Happy bunny today!

A

Anonymous

Pug found my problem with my suspension knock yesterday :dance: :dance:
I was really expecting them to tell me there was no fault and for me to think I was imagining things.

So, my front wheel knock ... it DID turn out to be the front drivers wheel as I though ..... needs the front suspension mount replaced as there's some play in it. Pug are also replacing the RHS one as matter of routine, how good is that.

Such a happy Pug driver this morning. Thanks Peugeot, lets hope I don't need anything else done! :text-bravo:

A

Anonymous

It is so nice when they find a cause. Kinda puts you might at ease.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Pug are also replacing the RHS one as matter of routine, how good is that.

Pleased that you're getting sorted and that you'll be back :auto-car: in no time.

Remind me how long you've had the car though :eusa-think:

Seems to be quite a few niggly problems being reported up at the moment.

I know, I know, save your posts some of you "This happens on all cars"
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Remind me how long you've had the car though :eusa-think:

I got it new on 2nd October and it's covered just over 2000miles. It's been knocking pretty much from day one ..... I was beginning to think it might be a generic thing but thankfully not ... I couldn't have put up with that for 3 years!

A

Anonymous

Hi All,
Regarding the knock on front wheels i also went to my local peugeot dealership today to book in for its first intrim service ( £99). Whilst i were there i asked them if they can check out the knocking coming from front suspension, they did tell me that they have got a report regarding ( knocking on front ) saying it may be down to top suspension leg mounting. They are having mine in on 19th Dec to do both suspension top mounts and intrim service, excellent service from dealer :thumbup: and also giving me courtesy car whilst being done :thumbup: , hope this may help other forum members who also experience this same issue of knocking on front.

A

Anonymous

Its the potholes I tell ya... one knock can do it.

I ended up having to replace 2 on my MGTF... ended up going for bilsteins instead of OEM... I fully intend to do the same on the RCZ too when the inevitable happens :lol:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Its the potholes I tell ya... one knock can do it.

I ended up having to replace 2 on my MGTF... ended up going for bilsteins instead of OEM... I fully intend to do the same on the RCZ too when the inevitable happens :lol:

Hi all'
Update on replacement of suspension leg top mounts, glad to say the job has been done and chuffed to say this has cured the annoying knocking on suspension when riding over rough surfaces. Cannot praise Robins and Day of coventry for the professionel and courteous way they handled this issue :beer: . From the moment i reported the issue to the moment i collected the car top marks :thumbup: . Have dealt with many dealers in the past from BMW, AUDI, SEAT AND SKODA must say peugeot has been the most efficient and courteous to date. Well done :D

A

Anonymous

Thats good news. Mine is booked in for the 5th jan. But to be honest its been much better since it's been in for the investigation! Not sues if its just sitting better at the moment but it'll be good to get fixed properly. I've been really happy with the pug service too :) its service like this thst keeps you going back .... i'm on my 4th pug <3

A

Anonymous

I have the 200thp and occasionally have the most god awful knock coming through the front suspension. Sounds really terminal when it happens and actually quite alarming. Seems to occur only while accelerating in low gear (1,2 or 3) then hitting a small ridge or raised manhole cover at same time. Has anyone else experienced this?

A

Anonymous

I had the mounts replaced only to last for a week or two and the knocking was back again. I am quite fedup going to the dealer!! no one seems to know what to do. Can't peugeot come up with a solution. Can they test a car and identify what the source of the problem, instead of us going to and from the dealer changing parts without knowing if the problem has been really solved!!!!!

A

Anonymous

mine too i am ready to spend more time with this car to get it fixed properly