What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Handle peeling away!

A

Anonymous

Has anyone noticed on their handles any distortions in the handle silver strip. I noticed recently on the passenger door the silver handle looks like its contracted and beginning to peel away. I will get the dealership to look at this at my next service interval, but I don't know how this has happened.... Could it be heat related? When it gets too hot inside on sunny days? Only affecting the passenger side...

Any one else had similar defects with the interior handle?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341654913.695240.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341654913.695240.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,089
A

Anonymous

jc73uk said:
.....but I don't know how this has happened.....

Looks like someone with long nails has been scratching away at it :eusa-think:
Have you had any nervous and / or bored passengers recently.

Hope it's not a quality issue as it pains me to see that you also have an Hdi :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
jc73uk said:
.....but I don't know how this has happened.....

Looks like someone with long nails has been scratching away at it :eusa-think:
Have you had any nervous and / or bored passengers recently.

Hope it's not a quality issue as it pains me to see that you also have an Hdi :thumbup:
how can you get bored in an RCZ! Maybe a passenger or two holding on for dear life... There's still a lot of fun to be had in a diesel!

A

Anonymous

Doesn't look like scratching to me though... 2nd opinions welcome...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341665935.646225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1341665935.646225.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,068
A

Anonymous

Quite a clear case of faulty materials. Instant replacement under warranty would be my thinking. Never seen it before and hopefully it will be rare.

A

Anonymous

Go on u know u wanna, can u resist the temptation to pick it :shock: :eek: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I would need really long arms from the drivers seat... Mr Tiggle I am not!
Well, i have another 2,500 miles left to drive before the 30,000 mile service. Should be in a month or 2. Will be quite expensive interim service as I will need at least 2 new front tyres, brake pads, brake fluid and may even get the rear 2 tyres and pads done at the same time. Should feel and grip like a brand new car again...

A

Anonymous

My drivers door handle is being replaced Tuesday.

Not peeling but broke away from main handle back moulding.

A

Anonymous

All fixed now under warranty.... Just like new. In fact I had new front tyres fitted and my 30000 service, and car is driving like a dream! Oh.. And that california car scent cherry is so powerful!

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Quite a clear case of faulty materials. Instant replacement under warranty would be my thinking. Never seen it before and hopefully it will be rare.

Yep fully agree.
Classic symptom of painting on plastic. :thumbdown: