What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Hand break issues anyone???

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
bownib said:
Blimey - you're starting early!!

I've had a luncheon date with a fellow RCZ forum member and his wife ( I wasn't driving before anyone mentions it ) :)

RON?! Were car keys and goldfish bowls involved?!?! ;) :lol: ;)

A

Anonymous

This is a common problem - and on a number of car makes / models.

Usually, it's after you've been having a "spirited" blast and your brakes are hot / red hot :eusa-whistle:

Applying the hand-brake only MAY result in the car rolling down any slight incline / mega steep mountain as the discs cool off.
You MUST leave it in first gear / turn your wheels in the appropriate direction and you will NEVER see your car roll away.

As I started this post, it is common on many a car - read / search a couple of other Car Forums and there's always a thread like this.
No good going to the Dealer - It's not their fault you were "hooning" about resulting in warm / hot / red hot brakes.

Good News is that you're all fixed up - and you now know how to make it not happen again :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell

Thats my point, i hadnt been 'hooning' had just picked up my 3yr old and to be honest i havent cained the car and is a low milage and the discs are all fine.
Thats why i found it odd for it to happen 2 times considering ive parked in the same place every month since i got the car.
If something serious had happened i wouldnt be liable would i if the handbreak was on?? would be a car fault?

A

Anonymous

Hi,

If you're saying that there was a fault with the HandBrake rather than cooling discs, then you may have had some recourse with the Dealer :eusa-think:
The fact that you state that you've parked the car in same position over a significant amount of months and it's only happened twice seems to indicate that it's not a HandBrake fault - and subsequently confirmed by your Dealer.

This type of event is usually caused by cooling brakes - on your 40 minute drive, do you have reason to use the brakes a lot i.e. going down a steep hill / mountain(s), lots of cornering / straights / cornering, etc ??
You may find that your journey / route requires you to utilise the brakes far more than you may initially think ??

roollthisway said:
If something serious had happened i wouldnt be liable would i if the handbreak was on?? would be a car fault?

Err...who do you think should be liable ?? Me, your neighbour, Dealer, etc.
It's your vehicle - you must take responsibility for it.

As you say, on this occasion it was only car damage which has now been fixed :dance:
You know how to avoid subsequent events like this occurring - I really wouldn't worry yourself about it anymore.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
bownib said:
Blimey - you're starting early!!

I've had a luncheon date with a fellow RCZ forum member and his wife ( I wasn't driving before anyone mentions it ) :)

Not on this occasion :lol: I was too busy expounding the virtues of a lady that wasn't present at the meal. Poor RCZ1 thought that I may have got myself into a bit of bother. However my good lady knows me and I am as likely to make similar comments about a building a car or a chap. Merely stating a fact that this particular lady was absolutely, totally, outstandingly beautiful was merely a statement of fact and nothing more than that :thumbup: I was brought up to be a good Christian and that involves being truthful and honest............... mrizzle don't say ought, but she is amazingly beautiful :eusa-shhh:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:

Not on this occasion :lol: I was too busy expounding the virtues of a lady that wasn't present at the meal. Poor RCZ1 thought that I may have got myself into a bit of bother. However my good lady knows me and I am as likely to make similar comments about a building a car or a chap. Merely stating a fact that this particular lady was absolutely, totally, outstandingly beautiful was merely a statement of fact and nothing more than that :thumbup: I was brought up to be a good Christian and that involves being truthful and honest............... mrizzle don't say ought, but she is amazingly beautiful :eusa-shhh:

She might have been stunning, Ron, but we understand she was unable to satisfy your needs?!! ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
She might have been stunning, Ron, but we understand she was unable to satisfy your needs?!! ;)
True. However taken out of context, this statement could be misconstrued. Enough said............... she was/is gorg................ eous :crazy:

A

Anonymous

My my RON...this mystery lady has got you in a bit of a fluster. :lol: Sounds like it was/is only skin deep...probably much to your good lady's relief!!