What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Had my RCZ 1 month - hooked

A

Anonymous

Wish I'd done it sooner, went for 'sensible' options previously; 4007 then 3008 for practicality, but always lusted after RCZ.
After having a Friday afternooner of a 3008 THP150 got a cracking deal on a stunning Nera Black GT200, with Satnav, JBL + black grille

The RCZ is fantastic to drive, my daily commute is 40 miles of country lanes. The Audi TT gets better press but personally I much prefer the RCZ feel to the TT (my wife has Mk2 TT 2.0TFSI Roadster). The TT is quicker than the RCZ off the mark but the handling is much more distant.

The Media drive+satnav system is fantastic too. The quirk of having to tell it what country I'm in before it will let me select a postcode is odd, but nowhere near as infuriating as my old PDA based satnav.

10gb system is nearer 11gb & loading mp3 is a doddle, recognises all folders etc so a simple case of transferring via a usb stick.
Anyone complaining about it not being big enough - reduce your mp3 bitrate when ripping, 128kbps is fine - all my 1,000s of tunes are stored at this. I've run rock discos using laptop & no problem with audio quality.
Anyone wanting to reduce/convert mp3 use Bonkenc audio converter (freeware)...
http://www.freac.org/

:twisted:

A

Anonymous

:text-welcomewave: looks good in black it was a toss up between black & white for me but i went for white u going for the Brett Michaels look :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
Lovely shiny black RCZ there :)

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you are loving the RCZ experience.

A

Anonymous

Seems like another case of the RCZ Syndrome to me. It is so refreshing to read after all of the doom and gloom of late. Blimey it takes me back to the good old days of the forum :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Looks bloody nice.
Was just saying to my other half what a great drive home I had from work in the Z tonight. Loving it at the moment and I've had mine 6 months...

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum you know some cars look good in certain colours ......well i think the RCZ looks good in all colours.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Welcome to the forum you know some cars look good in certain colours ......well i think the RCZ looks good in all colours.

Even in signal yellow......... :lol: Black is nice new but keeping that way is a whole different ball game,I would never buy a black car because of stonechips,terribly swirl marks,holograms show up too easily in my opinion :) but its a cracking photo :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Cleaned mine this weekend as i usually do ......noticed dreaded straight line dent on my passenger rear wheel arch paintwork not damaged but someone has def opened their car door onto it and yes i park as far away from the plebs as possible
and yet still they get me ....... its barely noticeable but i am gutted.

RCZ1

Reaction score
gadgetpuk said:
Cleaned mine this weekend as i usually do ......noticed dreaded straight line dent on my passenger rear wheel arch paintwork not damaged but someone has def opened their car door onto it and yes i park as far away from the plebs as possible

That's not good news. Some people have no respect for other people's belongings :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:

THESE MOBILE CHAPS Chips away dent busters.........etc could suck it out for ya honestly no pund intended :wtf: the panels are very soft i have bumped them whilst leaning on the car cleaning it and they just bounce back out..........Not a very good post jassy but you try your best :lol: :lol: bad choice of words :lol:

A

Anonymous

Had a couple of decent runs in the last week, sunny Barnsley for a late halloween party & Solihull for a meeting.

Buzz not fading, really enjoyed the drives, even the Solihull 7am one which would have previously been a chore. Satnav excellent - delivered perfectly to the house+hotel. Bluetooth also works a treat - like the way the screen even displays the phone battery level.

Boot is perfect size & shape for loading & for carrying the pa system, can even get the lighting rig in (on it's own) if I drop the seats.
Have noticed the water channelling into the boot when raining syndrome, but soon found a cure - open the boot quick.

I know the keeping clean issue with black cars, this will be my 3rd black one, my wife is on her second...we have a long catalogue of good+bad cars between us. RCZ is particularly filthy now, so will get it cleaned this weekend...if it stops raining.

Sensible automotive product manager by day, hard rocking night-owl the rest of the time & yes, Brett Michaels did steal my look, still waiting for the royalty cheque! :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Great to hear you're enjoying the car, the driving and making full use of the cavernous boot. Sounds like you could take pics of that to rival Scott's with a wardrobe and entire lumber yard!

I'm intrigued by your band. I had hoped that you might have something I could hear on your website but sadly not. Sounds (...and looks) like you're into classic metal? So what kinda products do you design manage in your alter day ego?

A

Anonymous

Sensible automotive product manager by day, hard rocking night-owl the rest of the time & yes, Brett Michaels did steal my look, still waiting for the royalty cheque! :twisted:[/quote]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352539493.389529.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352539493.389529.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 2,475
A

Anonymous

Sorry - hectic month.

Products I manage are automotive, ignition & filtration products for a pretty household name - global brand.

The band is a group of guys having a laugh, reheasring & playing gigs when we feel like it. Two I've know years, Lee bass I was in a band with that played the circuit 20+ years ago.
We have go some live vids recorded, but problem is everyone including cameraman is always dancing/singing along so quality is lousy. Last one looked like camera had been strapped to a pogo stick.
Aim to get some recordings done in near future - treated myself to a usb mixing desk for this but not had time to play with software yet.
Will post something a.s.a.p. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

What are you guys called?

I'm also in a band and one of the reasons I picked the RCZ over other sporty coupés was because I can fit my cab in the boot :p

A

Anonymous

http://www.metallifecrisis.co.uk/

Don't play many gigs, so it tends to be an event - we have manage to break the bar-take record everywhere we have played so far :beer:

Boot is very tardis-like; perfectly fits wedge speakers, head, mixer, cable case, mic case & stands no problem without the seat down :twisted: