What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

RCZ-Fan

Reaction score
I have enclosed the current speed camera database “Europe” version Juli 2024 with you.

Please format FAT32 on a USB beforehand, then unzip it and drag it there. If you need help with the installation, please feel free to get in touch.

Your Tristan
RCZ fan

PS: Does anyone know, even if it doesn't belong directly here, which cable on the NG4 is for the remote connection, i.e. the one for the remote control?

Attachments

• peugeot-wipcom(1).zip
    417.2 KB · Views: 8

skols

Reaction score
One of the reasons why I still use the latest official Peugeot 2016 maps.
I would choose up-to-date maps over POI. I find it not so easy to enter POI you need (too many steps), therefore Apple/Google maps or some 3rd party app on mobile.

skols

Reaction score
Anyone tried latest maps?
I copied the content to one USB (16GBs) and one microSD card (32GBs) and when I insert it in car's USB, nothing happens.

These are the files I have copied:
1721634273959.png

RCZ-Fan

Reaction score
Ja,ich habe die letzte Version auf meinem NG4.

Diese stammt auch von mir.

Bitte einfach den aller ersten Beitrag genau durchlesen und befolgen.

NF7 hat dies wirklich sehr gut beschrieben und exakte Anweisung niedergeschrieben.

Wenn es so aussieht, wie Du es uns zeigst, unten, dann ist da ein Fehler.

Bitte Anweisung des 1 Beitrages , Seite 1 befolgen!
Anyone tried latest maps?
I copied the content to one USB (16GBs) and one microSD card (32GBs) and when I insert it in car's USB, nothing happens.

These are the files I have copied:
View attachment 15152
mir

skols

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply RCZ-Fan.
So, this is not my first time, I know the "drill", updated maps several times with files from here.
Long story short, USB was slowly formatted with 64KB cluster size, Fat32 and no hidden files:
1721634949384.png

Same file&folder structure is on the screenshot from the first page.
Will try with 3rd device, just to be sure.

NF7

Reaction score
skols - Try doing a full format, not a quick format.

It seems some NG4s are very picky. I can only make my USB work with a full format (takes around 20mins) as Quick format will not work.

Zardos

Reaction score
Glad you got it working, as I lost POI I bought the update of eBay for about £16 in the instructions it said You must use WINRAR to unzip the files, using a different unzipping program will lead to incorrect file structure on the USB memory stick and the update will not be recognised by the system in your vehicle.