What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Guide to Full Detail / Maintenance Washes

A

Anonymous

mistral_blue said:
Sounds like the car I didn't buy... looked great until seen in direct sunlight! :shock: There's definitely good machine polishing and bad machine polishing! :thumbdown: ..

And you're going to let them loose on yours..?

Hopefully not now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

At last I have bought the products to ensure our second RCZ is in pristine condition and always looks it best . I wished I had invested particularly in snow foam and a drying cloth before , I think they are the two particularly that have made the difference. All that hard work before with a chamois for a rubbish result , thanks RCZ 1 for the detailed instructions , they have worked superbly.

A

Anonymous

I am pleased to now show our "R" in the sunshine after following "most" of detailing guide from RCZ1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 4,223

UncleBen

Reaction score
Superb guide and product list RCZ1, thanks.
On the subject of ceramic coatings, are they the best of the best? and I'm not clear on weather you use wax over coatings or not.

RCZ1

Reaction score
UncleBen said:
Superb guide and product list RCZ1, thanks.
On the subject of ceramic coatings, are they the best of the best? and I'm not clear on weather you use wax over coatings or not.

Hi UncleBen, Ceramic coatings offer the better durability. They range from 1 Year to 5 years for durability depending on the one you choose and whether you have a yearly maintenance plan with the professional detailer that you may use.

You can wax over a coating but then the water behaviour you experience will be that of the wax not the coating so you are taking away the properties of the expensive coating they you have paid for.

Coatings tend to be for people that don’t like washing their car regularly and detailing it themselves. They make it much easier to keep clean. If you enjoy detailing and looking after your car yourself then you could go for a ceramic wax which offers very good durability - up to a year, or prefer to use a Sealant which is generally spray on and buff off and can give up to 6 month’s protection.

The choice is entirely yours and what you prefer.

tm2204

Reaction score
New forum member 😊

Just want to say a big thank you for the best car detailing information I have ever come across. I've added grit guards, snow foaming & microfiber cloths drying to my wash routine as well as some of the many specialized products you recommend to keep the RCZ in pristine condition.

Have my RCZ less than a week, it came in excellent condition but it's getting the full wash, clay, compound, polish & wax treatment to get her pristine. Then hopefully just regular waxing to keep her that way 😀

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Even if you only cherry pick the parts you want to try you can still achieve good results using the methods described here...

.0F3CB5D6-E2EF-4508-9DFE-C56410F1BE61.jpeg768542F4-CD24-40CF-99C9-F2C2FDF64EB4.jpeg38B382B7-C9DB-479E-8C9E-87CDC96A824E.jpeg

Last edited:

tm2204

Reaction score
Even if you only cherry pick the parts you want to try you can still achieve good results using the methods described here...

Bloody hell mate... that's one seriously fantastic looking RCZ. It's absolutely gleaming 😁

tm2204

Reaction score
Anybody got any experience using the Autoglym Polar range for wash/pre-wash? Range consists of 3 products:
- Polar Blast (snow foam pre-wash)
- Polar Wash (spray on contact wash)
- Polar Seal (spray on protection)

All 3 products applied directly to the car with a pressure washer & snow foam lance with the final 'Polar Seal' adding a 'spray on - rinse off' hydrophobic layer to topup your existing protection.

Appears to be well reviewed and I like the speed at which you can get through the car before drying off.

Very cost effective products too 😀