What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GT86/BRZ

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
There was a red Toyota GT86 in the works car park this morning, which I had a look at as I walked by.

My first impression is that from the side or even front way on, it looks a lot like the old Hyundai Coupe in its shape.
It has an old design for a new car and definitely looks like it should be in late 70s or 80s. The interior looks very basic too.
Obviously I haven't driven one but from looks alone (I am a female after all), it certainly doesn't get my pulse racing :)

Couldn't agree more about the appearance of this car. A red one passed me by the other day. At first glance I thought it was a slightly modified Hyundai coupe. They really do look outdated and I won't be rushing to get one!!

A

Anonymous

Outdated perhaps, but I always thought the Coupé was quite a nice looking vehicle.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
JWT said:
Outdated perhaps, but I always thought the Coupé was quite a nice looking vehicle.

So did I, 5 years ago, but it's a little dated in its design now.

I suppose for a new car, I agree.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I was sitting in a GT86 yesterday in the shop and i do have to say i fell in love a little. I didn't really want to get out of it ever again. Didn't get to testdrive it tho.

I know it's a lot of hype but to me that car has something special. And i don't mind how it looks.

A

Anonymous

I liked the gt 86 too and apparently top gear do I am going to go for a test drive to see what they drive like when my other half goes looking for her "practical car".

A

Anonymous

Gt 86 on top gear .....their car of the year .....wonder why they didn't feature the RCZ when it was car of the year?

A

Anonymous

And it's a proper red. Pitty it's all odd angles :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It just looks so dated already I'm afraid :(
I think that this is the car that I saw and liked the look of on a Toyota display stand, but could not see a name or model number on the car itself.

A

Anonymous

I don't think it's as conventionally good lookin as the RCZ but, in the metal, there's something quite smart and chunky about it. Lets be honest, it wasn't really good looks that they were seeking with the car but a rear wheeled driving thrill on a budget. I think that they have succeeded in that aim fairly admirably. Sure, it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing and the interior looks cheap but I'd love to throw one round a track...though I wouldn't own one.

A

Anonymous

I think when it has the roof and bonnet decals it looks a bit "trans am"
Sat in one at the Toyota garage yesterday while my partner was ordering her new yaris trend. It's not as luxurious inside as the rcz but the back seats are usable.

Rue1

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I just don't get the fascination with either the 86 or BRZ apart from maybe the price...if I was going to replace "Arsey" it wouldn't be for either of them I'm afraid styling outside is ok but the inside is terrible!

A

Anonymous

Rue1 said:
I'm sorry but I just don't get the fascination with either the 86 or BRZ apart from maybe the price...if I was going to replace "Arsey" it wouldn't be for either of them I'm afraid styling outside is ok but the inside is terrible!

As I said before, the car really isn't about style. It's entirely about handling and driving experience. It's a cheap rear wheel drive that has no turbo and thus no turbo lag...and it'll drift and go sideways with controllable ease.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Rue1 said:

As I said before, the car really isn't about style. It's entirely about handling and driving experience. It's a cheap rear wheel drive that has no turbo and thus no turbo lag...and it'll drift and go sideways with controllable ease.
Only because they put Prius tyres on it, crazy :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Saw this

But other half came away with this

Least it compliments mine

RCZ1

Reaction score
gadgetpuk said:
Saw this

But other half came away with this

Least it compliments mine

That's the best looking GT I've seen. That's very eye catching.

Your OH's car looks rather nice too - what is it? I know it's a Toyota but don't know the model.

A

Anonymous

It's a yaris she had one before and has upgraded.
The sat nav inside outshines peugeots you can go to google maps look up a location on your laptop and send it to your car.
Get in the car start her up and destination is set, with a few touches of the screen it's brilliant.

As far as the gt 86 is concerned it is very nice a bit trans Ammy but interior wise doesn't come close to the RCZ