What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GT 200 Delayed again!!!!

GT RCZ

Reaction score
well P....d off

Car was scheduled to be built week 35 this week, called dealer to make sure still on track.

Several phone calls later Informed that car will not now be built until sometime September may be October no firm date available.

The way Peugeot are treating customers is outrageous, I first ordered the car was on 1st June with an indicative delivery date of August/September which was Pearl white smoked chrome arches black solstice 19" wheels, vision pack & sat nav.

Delivery then put back until October due to delay on smoked chrome arches.

Then told weeks later that smoked chrome arches no longer available to order & car will not be built.

Revised spec to Amber Red, Black solstice 19" wheels, JBL hi fi, sat nav & vision pack, advised car will be august build deliver September.

I buy vehicles for a living & I can say that this is by far the worst build scheduling that I have ever come across.

Whist the blame does not lie with the dealer for the delays, communication has been very poor with myself having to do all of the chasing, the dealer failing to return my calls on many occasions as they were busy.

Come on Peugeot get your act together you have an excellent product here that can turn the marque around and make Peugeot a desirable manufacturer again.

Just for the record in the past I have been a very satisfied Peugeot customer, this will be the 6th I have purchased for the family.

A

Anonymous

I agree GT, and it would appear to be down to those pesky smoked chrome roof arches. I'm in exactly the same boat.
Ordered 17th May, very little communication from dealer lately (I only got a build date earlier this week after I'd called them again and kicked up a fuss). But then again, if the dealers not getting any news from Peugeot....

If I'm right in thinking that Peugeot have delayed all orders that originally included smoked roof arches then they should prioritise them and send a word of explanation. I can't believe that it would take that much effort.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Re: Peugeot GT 200 Delayed again!!!!

Hi Hhobbitt

Your exactly right.

I raised my complaint directly with Peugeot, who called me back to explain today.
The lady although very calm as you would expect was determined not to accept any blame for the matter & it was all the dealers fault in not managing my expectation properly to the extent of being arrogant.

Despite trying to explain that communication was very poor between Peugeot UK & dealer network and of course me the customer completely missed the point.

Apparently my order taken by the dealer 1st of june for the white 200bhp GT with smoked chrome arches was never accepted by Peugeot & an internal email was sent to all dealers 2nd week of june advising that no orders would be fulfilled with the smoked chrome arches due to technical issues.

This was not communicated to me until the 1st July 4 weeks lost time now.(Peugeot answer blame the dealer)

At this point I popped into another Notts dealer (who is now a member on here) spoke to the salesman to see if the smoked chrome arch issue was true. again no knowledge of this issue. came back to me to say yes that was true & oh dear had taken an order that very day that included the smoked chrome arches. (Peugeot answer blame the dealer).

Now thats at least two dealers that have failed to understand the issue of the smoked chromed arches, that was one independent franchise the other is owned by Peugeot.(Peugeot answer not their problem)

1-7-10 I posted the issue on here & clearly there were a number of members that had not been informed.

Now when I placed the order for the amber red 200 GT 1-7-10 rather than it being an amendment to the original order & a specification change it was in effect a brand new order. this is not how it was communicated to me. (Peugeot reaction blame the dealer).

Having visited the dealer, chased on the phone advised me that the build date showing on Peugeot system build week 35, this week, on checking yesterday this is not the case. this date means absolutely nothing.(Peugeot answer, well we do have a factory shut down in August - blame the dealer) Failed to answer the question when asked why the production date could not be calculated taking this into account.

My car is now well may be no commitment given of course is scheduled for build 22nd September which is within the publicised 12 week lead time & due to me end of October. In this ladies eyes this is perfectly acceptable & they have done no wrong.

It is clearly evident that having read a number of posts on here, not just relating to build dates but other technical /spec issues the dealers lack the correct level of product knowledge & Peugeot processes.

No wonder Clarkson & the like criticise the brand.

I just hope that Peugeot listen to whats being said on these forums and learn from them, taking the necessary corrective action to improve the customer experience. The lady from the customer disservice centre was not really interested & I was just another wingeing customer.

I wonder if the Peugeot Reps or our friend from Peugeot would like to comment on this? (Private messages acceptable)

Am I being too harsh what do you all think?

A

Anonymous

GTRCZ wrote

I just hope that Peugeot listen to whats being said on these forums and learn from them, taking the necessary corrective action to improve the customer experience. The lady from the customer disservice centre was not really interested & I was just another wingeing customer.

I wonder if the Peugeot Reps or our friend from Peugeot would like to comment on this? (Private messages acceptable)

No, I do not think you are being too harsh, having reached an age where I can happily accept being a grumpy old git, if I had been given the run around like you, I would by now be trumpeting Peugeot's incompetence to all who would listen!
I work for a large company who also occasionally seem hell bent on self destruction by totally ignoring customers wishes and complaints, and when my colleagues and I point out problems, we are deemed to be "negative" and "off message", it seems like bad news (job cuts, pay feezes etc) is ok to filter down, but it is unacceptable for bad news to filter upwards! Rant over, oh I do feel so much better now. Yours Victor Meldrew.

A

Anonymous

Re: Peugeot GT 200 Delayed again!!!!

GT RCZ said:

Hi GT RCZ,

No I don't think your being harsh either. I think it's a shame when some companies, that have a great product and 99% of the time perform a good service, let themselves down and don't think it's an issue.
It's these kinds of situations that lead to customer disatisfaction and can potentially lead to lost future sales.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still really looking forward to getting my new car...eventually. But will I buy a new Peugeot again after this episode? In two or three years time, when I maybe looking to replace it, I may well think twice at buying another new Peugeot. You'd think that this is exactly what Peugoet should be trying to avoid - especially in this current economic climate.

Let's face it, it wouldn't take much from Peugeot to correct the situation. Initially a quick personal phone call explaining the situation and an apology probably would have sufficed. We'd then at least know that they care and may well have accepted the situation. Leaving it up to the dealers to explain, when it would appear the dealers themselves have been left in the dark over this, is no way to sort this out.

Come on Peugeot - right to reply and all that. What's your side of the story?

A

Anonymous

Hello i ordered a pearl white car with smoked chrome arches in December, as it was a 200thp the order never went in to 1st week in June, We got a phone call from dealer informing us of manafactoring defect on smoked chrome and possible not receive car until 2011, due to this we changed our order to standard arches. I think some of the blame should be with your dealer as all dealers should have known about the defect 1st week in June.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Thats what I call a good proactive dealer, thats actually switched on & knows whats going on.