What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Greetings!

Northern RCZ

Reaction score
Hello! I just joined the forum and I have some questions.

I recently bought RCZ THP200, 2010. I've never been fan of Peugeots, but RCZ looks so nice that I wanted to get one.
I've had the car for 4 months now and I have to admit that it has been really good to drive.
I love to mod my cars and for now I'm planning to get catback exhaust, some lowering kit, wheel spacers and optimization.
I've already painted all the chrome parts black and I have black color on my RCZ, so its all blacked now and looks damn good. 🤘

Is it possible to optimize my RCZ through OBDII-port? I have BOSCH Ecu on my car.
I've asked 2 dealers and another one told me that it's not possible to optimize using OBDII, but the another one told me that it is possible. o_O
They told me that stage 1 tuning will give it about 30 more hp and 80 more nm which sounds pretty good.

I also would like to hear if you guys have any advices on which exhaust should I get?

And theres one more thing. Can single leds be replaced of the horizontal brake light located under rear wing or do I have to get new one? Theres two leds that wont light up when braking.

Attachments

• Censor.jpg
    Censor.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, nice looking Z 😍 firstly the remap is a must do It’s worth every penny, the Bosch ECU May possibly be remapped via OBD I have Delphi which had to be removed from the car.
As for exhaust I would find a good fabricator to custom make you one like I did. No one I know has replaced any single LED’s in the brake light your probably going to have to buy new at around £200!

Northern RCZ

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for your reply!
Dealer that I prefer to use for the remapping is telling that it’s not possible to map via OBD. Gotta to find some info about the BOSCH ecu. 🤔

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for your reply!
Dealer that I prefer to use for the remapping is telling that it’s not possible to map via OBD. Gotta to find some info about the BOSCH ecu. 🤔
It’s not a problem to write directly to the ECU once off the car all good remappers can do this no problem.

Northern RCZ

Reaction score
It’s not a problem to write directly to the ECU once off the car all good remappers can do this no problem.

The only problem is that my local dealer doesnt have the needed cable to write directly to the ecu. I have to purchase the cable for myself if I want the mapping that way. 😕

2retro

Reaction score
Give this a look instead. I have one and it's bloody good! 👍

Northern RCZ

Reaction score
Give this a look instead. I have one and it's bloody good! 👍

I actually was thinking about getting racechip, but I’ve heard that its not worth it. People told me that I should get it remapped since its only 50-100 euros more expensive. 🤔
My local dealer does the remapping for 300€.

But I will take a look at that thread.

Last edited: