What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Greetings from SA!

A

Anonymous

Hi Everyone,
Greetings from South Africa!
I have just ordered my pearl white 1.6 manual baby! Only expect to get her the second week in May, as she's still on the ship!
Sooooo excited! Its going to be the longest 6 weeks of my life!
The great thing is I haven't seen another one on the road here in Johannesburg as yet, and I know there is only a few on the ship too!!
She's going to be completely unique. No one can understand my excitement on this side of the pond yet. For that reason I've been reading your forums for the past two weeks, waiting for my offer to purchase to be approved. Thanks for keeping me company. :D
:beer:

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry, the wait is worth it - you will love your RCZ when it arrives!

A

Anonymous

Hi Tracyb and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: . Great news that your purchase approval came through and you can start that looooooonnnnnnnngggggg six week wait but it really will be worth it once you get your mitts on that baby! So few in Jo'burg and still so very few here in Northern Ireland too. When I (rarely) see another one on the road it gives me such a thrill because we can't really appreciate the beauty of the beast until we see it on the road. I drive with a constant grin on my face and am therefore at risk of being locked away with the criminally insane :lol:

Lorraine

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tracyb :greetings-wavingblue:

Great choice of car AND colour you've made. :thumbup: You certainly won't be disappointed and the looks it will attract will be awesome. Hope the six weeks goes quickly for you and don't forget to post some pics when you get it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Tracyb and welcome.

We have all had the same excitement as you after placing our order so we know exactly what you're going through. If you have the name of the ship you can track it through the Internet right to your local port. If you have the VIN number you can even tell the moment it's unloaded. Ive been tracking mine since early March and it was finally unloaded in Sydney on Monday at 9.52am. It becomes obsessive tracking your car but its lots of fun.

Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Welcome Tracey. You will be a hit in Johannesburg soon. As for now, you can join me as a member of the -still waiting for the RCZ to arrive- club. Being a member of that group you have to realize the longer the wait, the more mental you get. And I'm pretty far gone for that matter.
The RCZ's are rare over here in Holland (and Belgium too I think), but you do spot one occasionally if you, like I, constantly look out for one. It wouldn't surprise me to smash my own car when I see one, as it detracts the attention of driving as long as the RCZ is in my sight.

A

Anonymous

Thanks All!
:wave:

My dealership is probably on the brink of having me up for harassment, but I would loooovve to track the ship. Somehow makes it more real. At the risk of claiming stalker status, :evil: I will do some research on that straight away.

Silly question, but has anyone had to buy their own car mats seperately from your local dealer?
I just find that to be the weirdest thing, spending good money on a car and it doesn't come standard with car mats!!! Is it me?? :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Tracyb

One of the better vessel tracking sites is http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Select the "Vessel" tab and enter your vessels name then use the "Live Map" tab to track the ships position on the map. You can zoom right in to a google earth satellite map. Note that most tracking systems use the AIS system which only works near ports so you won't be able to track the ship in open waters but you can watch it enter and exit the ports to see if it's on schedule. If you Google the ships name you should find a published schedule which will let you know when the ship is due at each port.

You can also try http://www.vesseltracker.com/app but you'll need to register to get map information displayed.

Also look for webcams near the port locations which might let you see your ship live on webcam as it passes by. I was able to watch mine live as it travelled through the Panama Canal.

Have fun. If you're having trouble, send me a PM with your ships details and your car's VIN number if you have it and I'll see if I can help. I was even able to see what time my car was unloaded at this end.

Cheers

RCZooM

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm, dealership called to say that the ship docked on Friday. Wonder when my car finally gets to be loaded u, to take the 6 hour trip to Joburg??? :crazy: If I could I'd go fetch it myself! :cry:
Got the vin numbers etc. so starting to feel a little more real now.
Still only seen one black beauty on the road.
Ugggh, the waiting is driving me nuts!!!!!! :roll:

A

Anonymous

i would like to offer you some words of comfort with the fact you have to wait 6 weeks but its true- it will be the longest 6 weeks of your life!!! Its worth it in the end though!!!! enjoy!