What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Greetings from RCZ newbie

Saya

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm the very happy new owner of a 2012 RCZ (THP200)
Had been looking for a clean and low mileage one for some time and do think I finally found it. It's a beauty!
Glad to join you on the forum.

Attachments

• IMG-20201212-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20201212-WA0008.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19

Ian J.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
Nice looking car which will turn a few heads in the Netherlands.
Great place, home to my favorite beer Dubbelbock by Brand Brewery.
Enjoy the car .

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and nice RCZ you have got yourself there.... Let's hope that the meeting in Bergen op Zoom in zeeland goes ahead in May 2021 and if you get to go might see it in the flesh. One of the best meetings I have been to with over 100 RCZs driving in convoy a sight not to be missed...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co DSC_5891.JPGDSC_5831.JPG

Saya

Reaction score
Thank you.
And that's a great look all those RCZ's at the meet-up. Whenever it takes place, I will try and join.

Also any advice on what to look out for or check specifically with an RCZ that has low mileage?
It's on the original tires for one. Having been stalled indoors they're not even dried out and feel alright as well. Other parts may be factory original too.
Car feels and revs good though!

Ian J.

Reaction score
Timing chains, fuel pumps , coked up valves , and electrical gremlins are the worst things to put up with but the 1.6 petrol unit isn't the most reliable on the planet and things can need replacing at quite low miles,
My first one had valve issues at less than 30k and my current one had a new timing chain at 30k and I've currently got clutch squeal which means probably a clutch replacement at 35k miles and its only 5 years old.
Having said all that if they still made them I would be straight down the dealership to order my 4th RCZ.
My current one is a 2015 model so not many around newer so this one will be my last and I will really miss it as I've been driving these French {or Austrian to be precise} beauties for 6 of the last 10 years.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Best advice I can give is make sure you have got good quality oil in it and keep it topped up to max on dipstick. Change regularly too.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say every six months or less depends on the milage you are doing even if you only a little amount of miles change it anyway always good for the engine for the price of a few pounds

Ginge2202

Reaction score
I would say every six months or less depends on the milage you are doing even if you only a little amount of miles change it anyway always good for the engine for the price of a few pounds
I’m looking at doing about 12000 a year. Any particular oil? And do you do it yourself or get a garage to do it?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I would buy the oil 0w30 for petrol engine RCZ and get a garage to do it as easy for them to use a lift then getting under the car outside on your driveway lam lucky as my son is a car mechanic...