What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Greetings from Northern Germany

VoxMagna

Reaction score
Well, hello fellows,

thanks for having me here. I‘m Andreas from the most northern part of Germany (Not yet Denmark, but still…) Thus said, please have patience with my English - at now 53 years I‘m still learning… :)

I have been looking for a replacement for my beloved 17yr old 407 QP V6 JBL edition for half a year now. All I requested was an affordable, good-looking, newer petrol coupe with stick shift and some horses under the hood. There‘s not much left on the market, an Audi A5 perhaps or maybe a 370 Z, the Toyota GT86 but such types are rare in these times.

So my local Peugeot trader found me this pearl on the German market. A 2015 THP200 with all the packages, sports, leather, JBL in bistre coating (here in Germany it’s called “Guaranja brown”) 40k kms on the counter - for 18k Euros plus my QP.

It was delivered last Friday, and now on Sunday evening all I can say: I have seen nothing yet. What an adorable little miss! Got her on the countryside - wow. Got her on the Autobahn - even more wow. 6th gear and theres still enough pressure for a big grin between 150 and 200 km/h (Take that Audi!)

I am happy to be here and am thanking you for all the info you are providing. Oh - and I may ask questions too when I have some. ;)

Since the ”bistre” section in the colour thread is a little bit orphaned, I will provide some photos. This colour is marvellous.

Best regards to all of you,

Andreas

Last edited:

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andreas
Welcome to the forum and sounds like you have got yourself a beautiful RCZ hope you have some fantastic days out driving her....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome, the colour your talking about is the colour the Ltd edition brownstone came in it looks almost black until the sunlight hits it then it’s beautiful deep Pearl brown
Sounds like you should be joining us on next years Viking meet in Denmark!
enjoy 😊

VoxMagna

Reaction score
Hi Les, hi Neil,

many thanks for your warm welcome.

Feeling cozy already and checking out all the info you‘re providing here.

@Les: yeah, she‘s such a beaut. Total strangers at the local pub are gathering and discussing whether its an Audi or a Porsche. „Nahh that‘s no Peugeot“ „Since when Peugeot has been building such cars?“ Shit you not. 🤷‍♂️

@Neil: Oh i‘d really love to come. Please keep me posted. 👍🏻

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Enjoy your RCZ!!

Yep, hardly anybody in Germany knows those cars. Germans call themselves "the car driver nation" but can hardly tell anything about cars beyond the usual german car makers.

I once got a speeding ticket stating "as the driver of the car, make Porsche with plates XXXX..." I felt offended by this statement :) Disgrace!

VoxMagna

Reaction score
Thanks a lot and, yes, I know exactly what you mean, since the RCZ back resembles the Porsche Boxster‘s one to a certain grade.

My crazy neighbor owns a Porsche 911 GT3 (big time insurance agent - what do you know…) but I won‘t swap even if you bring ten horses to drag me. 🤷‍♂️😀

VoxMagna

Reaction score
2 weeks now and still stunned.

After the last days just driving the hood for groceries, wifey and me went for a bigger ride today - 30 mins Autobahn and back for an hour through the landscape. Dire Straits on the JBL, windows down, letting them know we‘re coming.

Here in Germany we say „ja wie geil ist das denn, bitteschön“. Roughly translates to „dafuq I just saw“, i guess. :)

Gear shifting never been so short, brakes veryveryvery good (I hate making tempo and have to instantly reacting to a traffic jam in the shortest time - wifey was all hands over her eyes) and the curve behaviour on the country lanes - fantastic (Cross acceleration ftw!)

Coming from a 407 V6 coupe 211hp and with all the agility my new little miss bears, these were awesome experiences.

Again: never had such a car.

Cheers to you all.

Andreas

Last edited:

Dingers

Reaction score
2 weeks now and still stunned.

After the last days just driving the hood for groceries, wifey and me went for a bigger ride today - 30 mins Autobahn and back for an hour through the landscape. Dire Straits on the JBL, windows down, letting them know we‘re coming.

Here in Germany we say „ja wie geil ist das denn, bitteschön“. Roughly translates to „dafuq I just saw“, i guess. :)

Gear shifting never been so short, brakes veryveryvery good (I hate making tempo and have to instantly reacting to a traffic jam in the shortest time - wifey was all hands over her eyes) and the curve behaviour on the country lanes - fantastic (Cross acceleration ftw!)

Coming from a 407 V6 coupe 211hp and with all the agility my new little miss bears, these were awesome experiences.

Again: never had such a car.

Cheers to you all.

Andreas
Glad you're enjoying it Andreas :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Les, hi Neil,

many thanks for your warm welcome.

Feeling cozy already and checking out all the info you‘re providing here.

@Les: yeah, she‘s such a beaut. Total strangers at the local pub are gathering and discussing whether its an Audi or a Porsche. „Nahh that‘s no Peugeot“ „Since when Peugeot has been building such cars?“ Shit you not. 🤷‍♂️

@Neil: Oh i‘d really love to come. Please keep me posted. 👍🏻
Will do but you can check it out here

VoxMagna

Reaction score
Thanks so much, Neil.

Seems you had a fantastic May weekend this year. 👍🏻

Registered promptly. :)

And looking forward to the magic next year.

Cheers, Andreas

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, Neil.

Seems you had a fantastic May weekend this year. 👍🏻

Registered promptly. :)

And looking forward to the magic next year.

Cheers, Andreas
I actually had to cancel at the last minute this year but they had a ball, it’s not often you get a guided tour round someone’s country and in convoy with other RCZ enthusiasts! We will definitely be there next year and hopefully I can drag Verminator along too ;-)

VoxMagna

Reaction score
I actually had to cancel at the last minute this year but they had a ball, it’s not often you get a guided tour round someone’s country and in convoy with other RCZ enthusiasts! We will definitely be there next year and hopefully I can drag Verminator along too ;-)

Just saw the 2024 announcement in the FB group. As stated there, I really hope wifey and me can arrange with our jobs for the monday after. We would arrive on Saturday to some near Roskilde hotel, convoy with y‘all till Sunday evening - pølser ftw! 😬- and have the Monday for recreation back home.

I truly hope the plan works out.

And hope I see you there. 😉

VoxMagna

Reaction score
3 and a half months now. Proud owner of the lil‘ miss.

I remember the phat Porsche at my back on the Autobahn to Bremen, being respectful letting him overtake at 160 km/h, instantly getting behind his back, pedal to the metal, going strong to 200 km/h or maybe more.

Well, he disappeared at the horizon. 🤷‍♂️ Other league, eh?

But, the BMW 5er who formerly tried to chase the Porsche and who was then in my back due to my manoeuvre, disappeared at the horizon too.

Just in the other direction.

„Methinks ’twas a Diesel.“