What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Greetings from Finland!

RCZ10

Reaction score
Hello all, a newbie here, newbie in many ways :) Got my (well, it´s actually for my wife) first ever Peugeot today, and it´s a RCZ 2010, 156 THP Automatic. It´s got 75000 km`s, cream leather seats, outside the color is apparently Pearl white (for what i understand). We´ve been driving a bit different type of cars earlier (Porsches, Alfas, BMWs, Audis and Mercs), funnily my wife told she doesn´t want a new Cayenne anymore after driving the RCZ today :) This was supposed to be only for the summer, but now it seems it´ll stay with us a bit longer! First impressions have been real nice, the ride is awesome, performance is good enough for a lady, seats are magnificent and the car in general looks awesome! Looking forward to get to know some other members here, we are planning a trip in the summer (assuming the situation with corona clears somehow) through Europe, maybe we can even meet with some of you guys! Cheers!

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, I spent a week in Finland last December and what a fabulous country and and a super experience and to be honest I can’t wait to go back.
I don’t know how your RCZ will cope on those snow covered roads in the winter? But I were amazed at how the weather didn’t faze any drivers everyone seemed to be driving at the same pace as we do over here in the summer! 😂
What’s the situation over in Finland at the moment with the virus? I would have thought with the low population you may fare better than the rest of Europe?
There is a large gathering for the 10th anniversary of the RCZ in Sochaux France in September a few of us from the UK are going God willing all this is over.
Take care and stay safe.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Welcome 👋 let’s hope you get chance to drive your new car soon. Stay safe, & congratulations on your new ride.

p.s. Let’s see some pictures 👀

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum hopefully all what's going on around the world will pass as quickly as it came... That's if they are telling us the truth.
You and wife will be able to get the RCZ up and down them road's and enjoy your drive...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

RCZ10

Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome, feels nice to be here, and awesome to find so much info about RCZ as i know nothing about Peugeots! But, we live and learn!
Here in Finland the crisis is indeed a bit lesser than in many central European countries or Britain, don´t know for sure why is that but as there are so few of us Finns and we like our privacy (read: we do not socialize so much), maybe that helps? Not sure though.
What comes to the RCZ and the Finnish winter, i am not worried about the car or it´s survival otherwise, but those door windows without frames (and the flipping side mirrors)..a bit scary if they get frozen. We often have plus degrees in the daytime but nights go down to minus degrees, i guess we better keep the gaskets well greased with silicone. Unfortunately we have to keep the car outside also in the winter, our garage is not big enough for all our cars. But there will be a car cover over the car when not driven, unfortunately it doesn´t really help that much with humidity.
Snow doesn´t much slow us down here, we are used to driving on snow and as most (i think) Finns use studded winter tires the grip is quite good on modern tires, not really a problem :) Maybe the RCZ is a bit low for very snowy roads, but as we live in a city the streets are cleaned from snow already in the mornings, so that shouldn´t be any problem.
I will add some pictures here later, but the car arrived to us only sunday and it was driven 320 kilometers, it´s unfortunately quite dirty at the moment, don´t want to upload pics of a dirty car, once the weather allows we will wash the car and add some pics here!