What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gotta love italian police cars

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I was thinking that there wasn't enough blue lights, surely they could fit a few more on the roof !!

Do you notice the seats / gear knob / door cards are all from the RCZ R ?

Well they had to do something with all those left over bits when they killed off the Z.

Here's hoping I don't see any when over in Italy with the R, otherwise they might be some blue words lol !

:beer:

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Haha yes they have some cool police cars! Vaguely recall them having a Lotus Evora years ago too.

The interior is just standard 308 GTI fitment. The seats and door cards have similar stitching, but are both different to the RCZ-R. Gear knob is also in the 208 GTI.

renegade79

Reaction score
I read a similar article on a French website about this and seemingly the police received race track tuition from a pro racing driver before they were allowed drive the GTi. And that the car could be used to transport blood/organs and ferrying VIPs about! :eusa-think:
Makes me wonder where they will store the blood #nocargonet :eusa-whistle:

renegade79

Reaction score
The second article I read about this has a few more photos (I will try find the link) but interestingly, the members selected to drive it will be specially selected by the carabineri and have to undergo training with a former Italian rally champion. The paintwork was completed by NCT in Turin complete with white roof etc. They even found a slot to place their torches!!

http://www.largus.fr/actualite-automobi ... 13393.html

RCZ-R

Reaction score
About 10 years ago I was driving a Renault Megane Sport. An excellent driver's car. Really something outstanding.

Back then the police in Poland received few of those Megane as pursuit vehicles. What they did back then was video taping drivers violating the highway code and stopping them. So they needed powerful and capable vehicles to do so. Those Megane lasted for a year only. Almost all of them crashed. Despite some training the police force was overwhelmed by the pace of those Megane. End of story was to put them back into Vauxhalls OPC Insignia V6 Turbo and other, more civilized cars. I can tell you, those Megane could stab you in the back if you were not paying attention. Especially in wet or on snow they were handful to drive. But still magnificent.

Once I got stopped by the police in Poland and I asked them, what you got under the bonnet? They admitted, about 150 horses (it was a Ford Mondeo). Me: really? how you want to chase me down when I have about 250 of those? They: we don't. We just let you go and hopefully the next car will get you. Me: LOL
They were cool and we chatted about cars.