What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Got the bug.

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, :wave: I have had several Pug's over the years, a 306 turbo deisel, 307 hdi, 207 hdi 5 door and currently running a 207cc hdi gt,we downsized to the 207 series a few years ago because there is just the two of us most of the time these days. Just recently I saw and looked around a RCZ, shouldn't have looked because I think i'm in love, what a great looking motor car i've now got the bug and have been checking out several. At the moment i quite like a black 1600 165bhp gt on a 60 plate it's got all the bells and whistles (as they say) at a price that's affordable, as i said we downsized but there's nothing wrong with spoiling youself IS THERE?????? PLEASE SAY NO!!!. So if i can do a deal that i'm happy with then hopefully i will be back to tell you more and with some pictures. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Well if you cant be good to yourself then chuck it................ :lol: buying a used rcz right now there are sooooooooo many about at great prices and buying used you always benefit from the previous owner who specced it up from new with options,my advice would be

1.buy a rcz with xenons.
2.dark coloured rcz suffer from stonechips on the front bumper beware.
3.buy a 156 bhp with the sports pack=smaller steering and exhaust sound synthesiser.
4.buy the 200 gt it has the sports pack standard and 200 bhp is just about right as the rcz is a heavy car 156 just being a little under powered for my liking.

just a few pointers mate but whatever rcz you get you will love it.

A

Anonymous

I assume that you are looking at a 156bhp as there isn't a 165. You will not be upsizing as it is still really only suitable for two people. So you can still justify it to yourself and your other half, if need be. The boot is cavernous which may be a problem as it will take a whole lot of shopping to fill it and Xmas is only around the corner.

In all seriousness though the RCZ is a beautiful car to look at and to drive. You say that you have spied one with all the bells and whistles, which is great as there are some good extras available and so if the one you are looking at has them you are fortunate.

The vision pack is the must have, others are great to have too.

Buy it and enjoy driving again, as it is such a fun car to drive :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

If ur buying used there's plenty to choose from xeon's and the smaller steering wheel should be a must unless u like boats :eek: :wtf: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks to those of you who replied to my post and for some very good advise, :thumbup: i'm still looking in an attempt to make the right choice and at the moment waiting to see an example of a blue 200 bhp GT. If this one is as good as it looks on paper (so to speak) then it will all depend upon getting what i want for my 207cc. :dance:

A

Anonymous

lovmepug said:
Thanks to those of you who replied to my post and for some very good advise, :thumbup: i'm still looking in an attempt to make the right choice and at the moment waiting to see an example of a blue 200 bhp GT. If this one is as good as it looks on paper (so to speak) then it will all depend upon getting what i want for my 207cc. :dance:

dolphin blue needs black wheels to succeed............marmite colour with rcz :thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Can't wait, found my car at last after looking for weeks for the right one, picking it up on Friday settled for a 156 GT in dolphin blue. Not a new one but it has only a little over 5K on the clock and is as good as new, looking forward to asking your advise on things in the future.Will post some of the usual pictures when I get her. :beer:

A

Anonymous

lovmepug said:
Can't wait, found my car at last after looking for weeks for the right one, picking it up on Friday settled for a 156 GT in dolphin blue. Not a new one but it has only a little over 5K on the clock and is as good as new, looking forward to asking your advise on things in the future.Will post some of the usual pictures when I get her. :beer:

Good work...and EXCELLENT colour choice!! :D Has the car been fitted with any options?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
lovmepug said:

Good work...and EXCELLENT colour choice!! :D Has the car been fitted with any options?

Hi mrizzle, we both it would appear have an excellent taste when it comes to colour choice, :thumbup: as far as i'm aware the car is pretty much standard at the moment but any improvements that you guys recomend would be seriously considered subject to costs, can't have the fifthteen children going without :lol:

A

Anonymous

I'm sure them going without isn't worth the price to your sanity never mind your wallet!! :lol: Simple and cheap upgrades I'd definitely recommend are probably to upgrade the light bulbs. You'll find a wealth if information about it detailed in this thread:
topic2611.html

A

Anonymous

Here she is my new baby with my old baby for company.

Must say that i'm very pleased with the car, Peugeot have at last made another car that is great fun to drive, I suppose it will wear off but at the moment I can't stop looking at her.

A

Anonymous

lovmepug said:

Must say that i'm very pleased with the car, Peugeot have at last made another car that is great fun to drive, I suppose it will wear off but at the moment I can't stop looking at her.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. but............... The RCZ Syndrome as it is affectionately known, NEVER wears off :eek: However the good news is Peugeot have made a great fun car to drive and you own one :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
lovmepug said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. but............... The RCZ Syndrome as it is affectionately known, NEVER wears off :eek: However the good news is Peugeot have made a great fun car to drive and you own one :thumbup:

Cough......... b*******

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
OO58RON said:
lovmepug said:

Cough......... b*******

Jassy, if you can't post without swear words or being provocative, please don't. You are doing yourself no favours by behaving like this. You are playing straight into their hands by behaving like a troll. Is that what you really want? I'm actually trying to give you some helpful advice here so I suggest you take it - RCZ1

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
OO58RON said:
lovmepug said:

Cough......... b*******
no man, it was a really great move - he was inverted.