What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Goodbye HDI...hello "R"

daveslotus

Reaction score
After 60k miles over last 2 years in my HDI its time for a change.

Found a 15 plate "R" with just 5k miles in white. Looks and feels like a new car. Now just need to protect my licence!

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Re: Goodbye HDI...hello "R"

Welcome to the forum.
As you know the RCZ is a fantastic car, but jumping from a hdi to a R, that's going to be exciting.
I'm on my second R both white and co-incidentally both had 5k on the clock when I bought them.
Post some pics and happy to see another RCZ owner on the forum.
Cheers and happy driving.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:
Sounds like you’ve bagged yourself a beauty there! :clap: not many R”s about for sale and to get one with so low mileage is a real bonus, definitely going to be a modern classic and one to hang onto because these are only going to go up in value over the coming years.
Look forward to seeing some photos and keep us up to speed :D with how your getting on with it and of course your welcome to join us in any of the meets and events that may interest you :beer:

daveslotus

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

I have attached a photo (I think!) of the new "R" alongside the old HDI and my Lotus Elise Sport 160 (which hardly goes anywhere now!

Where do I find details of upcoming events?

Attachments

• small photo.jpg
    small photo.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,048

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good there what a line up!
Go to board index and scroll down for meets and events the next one is this weekend at Cheltenham Pugfest Peugeot festival.
And on the 13th July we have the Monsal head chatsworth meet. And the big ones next year are the 10th Anniversary meet at the Yorkshire air museum and the Euro meet in Holland where there could possibly be 125 cars attending. All details in the meets and events section.

daveslotus

Reaction score
Brilliant, thank you.

Should be able to get to the Cheltenham this weekend.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Goodbye HDI...hello "R"

daveslotus said:
Brilliant, thank you.

Should be able to get to the Cheltenham this weekend.

You can pay on the gate but you need to ask nicely to let you on to the “RCZ Owners Group”
Stand otherwise you won’t get on our stand.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Welcome to R family! :greetings-wavingblue:

It strikes me to see each new R owner is obviously a true car enthusiast. You are driving a Lotus too, so you must know what a car needs to deliver to give you some thrills.
Looking forward to hear from you about the R! :beer:
I'm getting close to the magic 200.000 km (125k miles) on my R. And I still love to drive it.

daveslotus

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Good to hear its still going well at 125k miles.

I bought this model Lotus new 20 years ago and have recently acquired this pristine one (now the children have grown up).

On paper the Lotus is sub 5 seconds to 60 but in reality the R feels so much faster in almost every way (not round corners perhaps !) but in every other way it is far more fun the drive.
I think its down to 20 years of progress.

In the garage over the past years have been other great cars including M3, M3 CSL, M6, Renault Williams, Caterham R500 to name a few but the RCZ (and now especially the R) seems to trump them all . It is such a great car when all things considered. (looks, speed, rarity, value for money)
My wife didn't really like the hdi but is a big fan now of the R....i think its the colour that does it.

Flanners

Reaction score
I picked up my R beginning of May and I am really enjoying it, the performance and handling are really quite superb and for the money currently secondhand are a bit of a 'bargain' compared to the German offerings, I love the looks and the fact it is a Peugeot; has been OE factory tuned (engine and geo etc) and performs so well. :beer:

daveslotus

Reaction score
Hi

I agree with the fact it is a Peugeot. so much less pretentious than many others and not the obvious choice either...(enter Audi TT !)

DT