What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Goodbye 208 XY 115 HDI, hello 308 FAP 150 BlueHDI

A

Anonymous

Well having had a long think about this and the fact that I needed a little more room, my 208 XY has gone, only to be replaced by a newish (14 plate) 308 Feline FAP 150 BlueHDI in Rioja Red :)

It is fully loaded, 18 inch wheels, full leather with heated seats and massage function, blind spot indication on the mirrors, Stop /Start, electronic handbrake, reversing camera, satnav/dab radio etc, push button start & keyless entry, panoramic roof with electronic blind, park assist (not used it yet) and no doubt I have forgotten something or other.

The engine is great, 150ps and 272lb ft of torque @ 2k rpm, its not exactly economical compared to some of the diesels I have driven but 60mpg is fairly easy to do, most of the time you are talking low 50's though.

Couple of pictures, first with the standard alloys on and then with some after market ones with the Continental TS 830P winter tyres (standard summer tyres are Michelin Pilot Sports).

renegade79

Reaction score
Very nice looking car. I think I prefer the standard alloys though - they're quite nice! You seem to have picked up a nice model and its v well equipped. Is that 150ps from a 2L or a 1.6L? I'm presuming it's the 2L engine...

A

Anonymous

Yup its a 2ltr BlueHDI, I would have gotten some proper Peugeot alloy wheels but the ones I had for the 208 are 4 stud and these are 5 stud so for £400 quid I purchased these brand new 18 inch alloys :)

The original ones need a refurbish :( considering the car had only done 13.5k miles, they all had some curbing...

Tomas_90

Reaction score
If i'd buy the 308 i'd get the 17" wheels tho. They look soo much nicer than the 18" even if they are smaller :D GT-Line 18" are very nice too.

Do you have the Denon HiFi system in this car?

A

Anonymous

Just the standard stereo i think, its pretty decent still so not overly fussed :) (LED lights are great though :D )

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Yeah LED's are a must :) Anyway it looks good in red, and tinted windows look way better than normal!

A 308 is a possible Z replacer for me aswell in the future if i find the right one :) I'll try to hold out for the facelift tho if it ever arrives :D

renegade79

Reaction score
Tomas_90 said:
Yeah LED's are a must :) Anyway it looks good in red, and tinted windows look way better than normal!

A 308 is a possible Z replacer for me aswell in the future if i find the right one :) I'll try to hold out for the facelift tho if it ever arrives :D
Would you consider the 308GTi Tomas?

Tomas_90

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Tomas_90 said:

Would you consider the 308GTi Tomas?
I would, but the problem is the price... :crazy:

To be honest i would love one of those 1.2 L Puretech engines in GT spec (SW too). Alternatively an SW GT with the 205 bhp engine :eusa-think: