What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Good afternoon everyone

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Just picked up my car from a local dealer, they have mainly Porsche and BMW but having loved the look of this car since it came out and driving past it for the last week on the forecourt decided to go for it. As someone else posted , just turned 50 so if not now then when...
Looking at some of your pics on here they really are beautiful cars.
Its a 2010 GT THP 156 ,full dealer history up to 2018 and serviced by an independent last time. About 60000 miles.
The dealer as promised, put new MOT and replaced pads and discs all round as well as 2 tyres. So that is great. However there is a tiny bit of oil on the driveway. It seems to drive lovely and all the paperwork is in order. Called the dealer and they have asked me to wait a few days as they said that they did an oil and filter change so may be just from a spillage. They seem genuine enough but I was wondering if anyone has had similar or if this is a common problem.
Would really appreciate your thoughts on the car and any advice or suggestions you have.
Pleased that I came across this group and thanks admins for letting me join.20201017_164817.jpg

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and nice RCZ you have got yourself there.. Dolphin 🐬 blue, hope you enjoy all the rubber neckers as you pass them on the road, and I know that you will have a stiff neck with all the looking over your shoulder when you park it up anywhere lol 😂....................
Enjoy your drive and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Brung up on edge of East End in Ilford; moved to Witham on marriage; then Braintree when kids filled house.
Now in Western Spain (Extremadura) and also down South in Andalucía.
Where are you?

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Grew up Ilford...old man had a shop in the pioneer market if you remember that.
Moved to Old Harlow few years ago.
Spend a few weeks every year in Guardamar (family)...must be great living over there.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
I recall the Pioneer Market was down Ilford Lane.
In late forties and fifties Mum took me in there; believe it was a sort of "U" shape with two entrances.
Lived in Mansfied Road (near Ilford Station) until seven years old, then Goodmayes, then Newbury Park.
Small world.
But our locations in Spain are a long way from Murcia.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
I recall the Pioneer Market was down Ilford Lane.
In late forties and fifties Mum took me in there; believe it was a sort of "U" shape with two entrances.
Lived in Mansfied Road (near Ilford Station) until seven years old, then Goodmayes, then Newbury Park.
Small world.
But our locations in Spain are a long way from Murcia.
Yes small world. My wifes from Newbury park.
Spot on with pioneer market
Do you have an rcz in spain then

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Beautiful car and backdrop.
Unfortunately the background around here is not as stunning.
Thanks for the messages , its nice to know that im not on my own with regard to the rcz... I normally buy new with peace of mind but reached 50 and thought why not have one as our 2nd car. Since they first came out I thought that they looked fantastic...got to get small oil drip looked at tho it may be from its oil change yesterday...but just sitting in it leaves you with a smile on your face...and i reckon not many cars for 5000 could do that.
Anyway . nice chatting , I wont take up any more of your evening.
Stay safe

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Welcome 👋

THE most important maintenance you can do with the RCZ is to keep the oil level to the top of the dipstick. There are all kinds of issues that can result in allowing the oil level to drop. If you do have an oil leak, you should be able to see some sort of evidence under the bonnet. If nothing is obvious, check the oil level daily, and make sure it’s not dropping.
Have a look through these pages, and you should be able to find the more common issues that can occur with the Z, but tbh, if it’s well maintained the Z is at least as reliable as any other car out there.
I’ve had mine for 7 years now - never kept a car that long before, but I still love it just as much now as the day I got it.
Get ready for the admiring looks, and the occasional questions about what is it.
Good luck with your new car, and enjoy 👍

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Welcome 👋

THE most important maintenance you can do with the RCZ is to keep the oil level to the top of the dipstick. There are all kinds of issues that can result in allowing the oil level to drop. If you do have an oil leak, you should be able to see some sort of evidence under the bonnet. If nothing is obvious, check the oil level daily, and make sure it’s not dropping.
Have a look through these pages, and you should be able to find the more common issues that can occur with the Z, but tbh, if it’s well maintained the Z is at least as reliable as any other car out there.
I’ve had mine for 7 years now - never kept a car that long before, but I still love it just as much now as the day I got it.
Get ready for the admiring looks, and the occasional questions about what is it.
Good luck with your new car, and enjoy 👍
Thanks for the message. I took it to a local well known garage I have used for a while now and after having it up on a ramp they couldn't see an obvious leak. They suggest a steam clean and look again. The manager refuses to charge me in exchange for a little drive as they haven't had one there before.
Yes it's something special to look at isnt it.
Hopefully we find the leak but im a bit ott when it comes to these things so will be checking oil daily and popping into my friendly mechanic regularly for a quick visual check and a little drive.
Thanks for the advice...

Pedro

Reaction score
Steam clean is a no go on modern cars as it can destroy Electrical sensors especially the coil packs if left exposed to water I may be wrong but the oil leaking could be when they removed the filter housing which causes the oil to escape down the side of the engine block & forgot to clean up after I wash mine off with a spray bottle full of degreaser & blow out with an air line
If it appears fresh oil then it possibly might be the filter housing is not sealing correctly or they reused the old seal maybe ?

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Steam clean is a no go on modern cars as it can destroy Electrical sensors especially the coil packs if left exposed to water I may be wrong but the oil leaking could be when they removed the filter housing which causes the oil to escape down the side of the engine block & forgot to clean up after I wash mine off with a spray bottle full of degreaser & blow out with an air line
If it appears fresh oil then it possibly might be the filter housing is not sealing correctly or they reused the old seal maybe ?
Thanks for that ... good advice. The garage where it was purchased from have been helpful so far and asked me to leave it for the day on Wednesday so they can look.
Thanks again

Jumper

Reaction score
The two common oil leaks on the 156 are Timing Chain Tensioner as it basically tries to wind itself loose letting oil pass the sealing washer. The oil will drip down the top of the drivers side of the engine to the sump area. This cant be tightened as it will destroy the washer making it worse. You have to replace the Tensioner. The other common oil leak the Rocker Cover/Engine casing on top of the engine. The gasket fails and can drip oil out anywhere around it, a new rubber gasket will correct it.
Other less common leaks are the Oil Filter mounting leaking (not the black plastic cover that unscews) . Then we have another less common one (which I had) the Variable Valve Timing Solenoid at the back of the engine fails it again works loose and the seal wears out. The last one I can think of is the Turbo oil feed pipe that can be seen if its Turbo side at the front of the engine if it's engine side of the pipe leaking you cant see the leak just the oil under it. In fact its hidden behind the Turbo/Exhaust set up.
Someone on here has great How To for that job. Good luck and let us all know what the leak was it may help others.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
That's great. Thanks very much for your advice. Will keep all of that in mind.
I'm hoping that its from a poorly carried out oil change as there appears to be fewer oil drips...or is that wishful thinking🤔
Appreciate the help.

Goatz

Reaction score
Stick some cardboard on the floor under the engine and sit in the car and rev it for a few mins.

Kennydogleash

Reaction score
Stick some cardboard on the floor under the engine and sit in the car and rev it for a few mins.
Yes. Did this and initially there were a few drips, all drivers side towards middle (front to back) of engine I think. It's less today and the levels have stayed the same when checking the dipstick at the top level. Will try another bit of cardboard tomorrow .
Appreciate all the suggestions from everyone.
Thanks