What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gearbox needs fixed

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone..I have just been told that the gearbox of my 3month old rcz has to be took apart and looked at and maybe replaced! Had been having problems from day one with trying to find gears,took it in for 1000mile check over and they said it was fine,then a week later i lose all gears and have to get AA out and they fixed the gear cable which had come loose..It was then took into dealer who now have told me the bad news! I'm so let down and disappointed in car and peugeot uk..I have lost all faith in car now and can't stand to look at it,complained to Peugeot uk that I want a new car and don't want my car having to have gearbox took out and put together again and then a new gearbox maybe..will never trust the car again..been in touch with my solicitor and other groups as to we're I stand..one very sad and angry rcz owner..one word about the car...disappointed..

A

Anonymous

I know ur not happy but it's only a gearbox and s**t happens u've no chance of getting a new car. U can hire the queens council but u won't get replacement car for a faulty gearbox

RCZ1

Reaction score
I can understand your frustration but have to agree with bigmac, sounds like Peugeot are trying to resolve your problem. These things happen with cars sometimes, they are mechanical after all. Sometimes you do get a lemon amongst a batch and you have been unlucky. If Peugeot are going to look at and possibly replace the gear box then they are not fobbing you off, they are trying to resolve it to your satisfaction.

I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction soon.

A

Anonymous

Yeah guys thanks for your support,but if the shoe was on the other foot and it was ur car how would you both feel?from what i have been reading on here the build quality is not great with this car.. When you buy a new car you do have some small problems i understand that,but you also buy it for a purpose to drive and peace of mind..

A

Anonymous

Well you have been reading a concentrated source of problems so it's not surprising that you think the car has a poor build quality.

If the shoe was on the other fault I would be annoyed but glad that they were fixing the issue. Many manufacturers will try and weedle their way out of warranty claims however for the most part as far as I can tell (and from personal experience with a coolant sensor) Peugeot have been good to their word regarding fixing issues.

A

Anonymous

Rcz owner said:
Yeah guys thanks for your support,but if the shoe was on the other foot and it was ur car how would you both feel?from what i have been reading on here the build quality is not great with this car.. When you buy a new car you do have some small problems i understand that,but you also buy it for a purpose to drive and peace of mind..
Well the shoe was on the other foot my previous car a £37500 BMW 335i msport coupe that slowly disintergrated around me if i wrote down all the faults i had with that car I'd be hear all nite. So with all makes of cars u can buy a pup. I know how u feel but all BMW kept doing was fixing faults under warranty right up until i traded it in for my RCZ. U'll either have 2 stomach it or take a big hit and sell but whose to say ur next make wont be as bad :( at least u got 3 months without trouble mine went back after 3 weeks and every 3 or 4 months after that oh a fella from my own town bought it of Peugeot inside a week of me trading it in god help him now warranty's up :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rcz owner said:

I am gutted for you and like you would be very annoyed / upset / let down - regardless of whatever make car it is.

You pay your money in good faith and, as others have said, unfortunately sometimes there is a lemon in the mix.
I hope that you get your problems sorted out quick and to your satisfaction and when you get back in to the car it is a thousand times better than you expected.

The good news is that this has happened in the warranty period :eusa-think: :thumbup:

Keep us updated

A

Anonymous

I suggest you demand for a new gearbox, not a repaired unit. Hopefully that fixed your problem.

It would be hard to demand a new car because of a faulty gear box.

A

Anonymous

Hi folks just an update on my rcz..got a new gearbox fitted and it was terrible far harder to get gears and it made a noise when changing gears and driving at 50 to 60 mph..So il cut a long story short..I just picked up my new rcz today same spec etc..its great I didnt have to hire queens council as one said a few months ago..

A

Anonymous

Another case of Peugeot UK proving just how customer focused they are. I love to read of such endings as there are so many people trying to put the brand/car down. Nothing in life goes strictly to plan and things do go wrong. However in a good company every complaint should be viewed as an opportunity. It is at this point a company can have direct contact with customer and demonstrate on an individual level their credentials.
Thumbs up to Peugeot UK and thank you to Rcz owner for updating this thread.

A

Anonymous

Rcz owner said:
.....I just picked up my new rcz today same spec etc..its great.
I didnt have to hire queens council as one said a few months ago..

:clap:
That's great news, am pleased everything has worked out well for you.

Get out there and enjoy that car :auto-car: