What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear Shift Indicator

NF7

Reaction score
Dear Forum users,

on RCZ Owners Group on FB, I asked a question about Gear Shift Indicator and no one knows for sure what is the answer.

I have a 200 MK2 and I have no Gear Shift Indicator (video attached) - only empty space is there. Several people there informed me, that their 200, 156 models (MK1 and MK2) have the gear shift indicator.

Is that something that can be enabled with a software update at the dealer or? Other topics here on the site, did not give concrete answers.

93E49231-E2AC-4681-9EF6-C65B36D2DE75.GIF

2retro

Reaction score
On mine you just press the end of the right stalk to scroll though the 4 different trip screens. One of them is blank and big numbers appear when it's time to shift up like in an F1 car!

NF7

Reaction score
On mine you just press the end of the right stalk to scroll though the 4 different trip screens. One of them is blank and big numbers appear when it's time to shift up like in an F1 car!
Mine 4th screen is empty. Nothing changes.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have this feature on my launch edition 156, this has come up for discussion before and I were led to believe the 200 didn’t have the feature but as you’ve said some 200 owners say they’ve got it so a little confusing, if you haven’t got it I don’t think you could program it in 🤔

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Mine has the indicator on all 4 screens as you can see in the pic. Small font in the upper right. The "blank" screen shows nothing but the upper horizontal line and the indicator, same size, same position.. THP200 on 15 plate. I cant help with your question about changing it though. Just seems weird there are so many variations about.

Attachments

• gear indicator.JPG
    gear indicator.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 13

NF7

Reaction score
Mine has the indicator on all 4 screens as you can see in the pic. Small font in the upper right. The "blank" screen shows nothing but the upper horizontal line and the indicator, same size, same position.. THP200 on 15 plate. I cant help with your question about changing it though. Just seems weird there are so many variations about.
Thank you! Glad to see I'm not crazy seeing imaginary THP200 with a gear shift indicator :D I'll ask at my dealer, what is going on with this and if it can be programmed.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
Making a pure guess I would say this is firmware programmed due to whatever their latest revision was at time of programming (it may even be related to which market it is aimed at)? I noticed yours has a boxed area in the top left that mine doesnt have. If it is just a revision difference, I wonder if yours is a newer variant or not? Whatever it is good luck with it.

Reactions: NF7

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Making a pure guess I would say this is firmware programmed due to whatever their latest revision was at time of programming (it may even be related to which market it is aimed at)? I noticed yours has a boxed area in the top left that mine doesnt have. If it is just a revision difference, I wonder if yours is a newer variant or not? Whatever it is good luck with it.
That boxed area is the cruise control 👍