What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear knob.

Reflectiv

Reaction score
I was looking at a gear knob to replace the one I have in my HDi GT. But it says that it's incompatible with my 'z'.
Good job then, that my other half has a GT line 208 120ps HDI with the exact same gear knob for trying out.

I thought the problem might be, that the center reversing sleeve would have a problem sliding up, to open the reverse gate.
But no..it went straight into reverse. I don't get whats incompatible with it.?
Mystified.. :?

http://www.parksparts.co.uk/product/6_Speed_Manual_Gearknob_-_Satin_Chrome_96738472VV#

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw those the other day, might take a punt.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Reflectiv

Reaction score
Well at £60 quid. I wonder if she'd notice if I just changed it over..Bless her..lol

The down side with that one is, that in winter, it can get really cold in your hand, until the car warms up.

Nemi

Reaction score
Reflectiv said:
The down side with that one is, that in winter, it can get really cold in your hand, until the car warms up.

Yeah, that was the first thing i noticed when i changed my gear knob... it gets really cold :crazy: I might even switch to original gear knob in winter :eusa-whistle:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Nemi said:
Reflectiv said:

Yeah, that was the first thing i noticed when i changed my gear knob... it gets really cold :crazy: I might even switch to original gear knob in winter :eusa-whistle:

Hey, you may have something here, and the potential for a nice little earner. :eusa-shhh:
Gear knobs could be changed, maybe even automatically to coincide with the weather - sort of "knob for all seasons".
So studs or even chains for ice and even spikes for deep snow.
That would certainly draw the attention of drivers who pay little heed to the conditions.
A damp knob (pardon) if the roads are wet; the options are almost limitless.
Must go and draw up a business plan. :eusa-think:
Now wait a minute, I've retired and not up to those malarkeys these days. :sleeping-yellow:
I'll let somebody else run with this one, but I'm free for a bit of consultancy, nudge, nudge! :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick one bought mine from my local pug dealer quite a few quid cheaper than £50 :eusa-think:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I got mine when RCZ Performance did the group buy. I think it was about £55 back then.