What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gear change sound

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Hi Guys i've noticed when i change gears sometimes the car makes a sort of tap sound, does anyone else have this? Maybe im just crappy at changing gears?

Scott S

Reaction score
I have it too its normally between 1st and 2nd, I have the hdi, dont know if that makes a difference.

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Scott S said:
I have it too its normally between 1st and 2nd, I have the hdi, dont know if that makes a difference.

Mine happens in all the gears, when the engine is cold it doesn't happen and gear changes are fine, once warmed up then every gear change makes some sort of tap or click noise

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
Also gear changes are really loud to the point you can hear it outside of the car, does anyone know why? only when cold it is quiet but once warm it is louder changing gears. Maybe i need to change the gearbox fluid? 2010 reg.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Once you start listening for noises they seem to sound louder and more annoying I suppose mine does make a click sound on certain gear changes but usually noticeable when crawling in traffic. The gearbox oil is supposed to be a one fill for life from the factory but some have found that upon replacement the original was we’ll beyond its best and very dirty, I had mine changed at around 25k and was still very clean, if you have yours changed and I would on a 2010 car upgrade the oil with something like Redline oil only use the best :beer:

JazzyRCZ

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Once you start listening for noises they seem to sound louder and more annoying I suppose mine does make a click sound on certain gear changes but usually noticeable when crawling in traffic. The gearbox oil is supposed to be a one fill for life from the factory but some have found that upon replacement the original was we’ll beyond its best and very dirty, I had mine changed at around 25k and was still very clean, if you have yours changed and I would on a 2010 car upgrade the oil with something like Redline oil only use the best :beer:

Thanks Neil appreciate your swift responses :D I will change the gearbox oil and engine oil next months with some 0w 30 and redline mtl i saw somewhere. :beer: