What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Full images of new RCZ

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think we need to remind ourselves here this is only a facelift. It's not a complete change in design. It's not the Audi TT Mk 1 transforming to the TT Mk 2. It took a lot of years before that change happened - 10 at least if I remember rightly. This change is intended to bring the corporate new face to the RCZ. But I'm glad to see that they have made it a little different to other Peugeots. There was no need to change the rest of the car - they got that right the first time. You don't go changing something that works already.
It's got a very obvious new face in my eyes and I'm glad Peugeot have done it because it means that I will be buying another. If they hadn't changed it it would have been doubtful that I would have bought another as the car would have been EXACTLY the same. This way it isn't.

Peugeot are never going to please everyone with the new design but a lot of comments I've been reading elsewhere have changed people's minds about the RCZ with this new design. It will have winners and losers.

There's the same debate raging on the Civic forum where most owners there are not keen on the new design of the Civic.

A

Anonymous

I now don't have the latest model.
I haven't had a non current model for over 10 years!

A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
I now don't have the latest model.
I haven't had a non current model for over 10 years!

It'll be my first "old" model too (after 12 months of ownership from brand new)!! :(

A

Anonymous

Perhaps because the look of the 1st RCZ blew us away we just expected the newest model to do the same.
Maybe its a good thing that theres no big changes as the originals may be held onto and not flood the market, helping to keep the values healthy.

Look at me being all poysitivhe....... :thumbup: :D

A

Anonymous

I know most won't like what l Am going to say but l would never buy a Peugeot l know the rcz is a bit different tomost and Peugeot have really up the game in the last few years but French cars get facelifts more than the X factor judge's hence you Will always be chasing your tail every 18 to 24 months for a new facelift my lease expires in 7 months and wont lease another rcz l would liked some options standard on the gt but again it has halogen lamps on a 25 k car no good bhp outputs are below all in its class show me another £25+ car that has 156 bhp

I can get 240+ bhp xenons plus a great looking car for less than £25 grand the rcz not great value for money ok some would say the TT is far more expensive but your getting more car for your money and better residuals.

I could go on and on but l think most get my point

A

Anonymous

I hate to say this but I do agree with Jassy the only Peugeot I like is the RCZ and they just ruined it and in the process destroyed my cars residuals in the process.

the only reason I got the RCZ was that it made me feel special because of looks and the interior but now this facelift and the issues I have had with my RCZ is leaving a bitter after taste.

(i will say though that the RCZ is great value for money when you compare it to the Audi TT considering you get a full leather interior, bluetooth etc for quite a bit less than the TT but with the TT you are buying into the badge etc)

A

Anonymous

Tomy the new Capri will be a real rival for the rcz when arrives next year with the new 2-0 litre ecoboost engine

A

Anonymous

I showed my wife the photographs of the new model. She said "well it looks the same, what is different" so me things jactac is on the nail with those comments, However as a RCZ lover obviously I can see the changes and I like what I see, however I will not be rushing out and parting with Pearl2

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Tomy the new Capri will be a real rival for the rcz when arrives next year with the new 2-0 litre ecoboost engine

Not a fan of Ford to be honest and when I have considered them something about Ford's always puts me off them (can't believe i am saying that considering Peugeot have the worse rep)

guess it does not help I drive a Ford Focus Estate when not at university for work (my RCZ is my personal car) and cannot stand driving that even though its a titanium with sat nav etc in it.

I think when change time happens I might either go back to Fiat (hopefully the Abarth Speedster is out by then or Alfa Romeo 4C) might go German with a 1 series Coupe (when that comes out) or might even go for the Subaru BRZ or the Land Rover Evoque.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I showed my wife the photographs of the new model. She said "well it looks the same, what is different" so me things jactac is on the nail with those comments, However as a RCZ lover obviously I can see the changes and I like what I see, however I will not be rushing out and parting with Pearl2

Pearl2 is a one off Ron :thumbup:

Rue1

Reaction score
I don't get it - what is everyone's facination with the BRZ and 86 - yes it has some nice lines but as an overall package the RCZ still beats both hands down. The interior of the BRZ and 86 is absolutely terrible!
The facelift for the RCZ looks OK but I will reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh - do I regret buiying mine NO, will I buy another one YES. For the price I still think its the sexiest car on the road...

A

Anonymous

Rue1 said:
I don't get it - what is everyone's facination with the BRZ and 86 - yes it has some nice lines but as an overall package the RCZ still beats both hands down. The interior of the BRZ and 86 is absolutely terrible!

The BRZ and the GT 86 is not about visuals and interior etc its about the driving experience. Everything in that car has been designed to be as fun as possible for that kind of money. The RCZ was made for the best visual and interior experience possible whilst offering a comfortable ride which can have fun when wanted.

Too be honest the BRZ and GT 86 can't really be compared to the RCZ because the BRZ is aiming at a more driver orientated market sports car market whereas the RCZ, TT and Scirrocco is aiming at the coupe market.

A

Anonymous

Had a look at the 86 performance figures are not good enough to warrant its price tag for me.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Focus ST3 For me l could re-lease just now as l have been offered a sum of money from a certain party from incident that happened a few months ago but l am going to keep the rcz through the winter as ou lose the new car look quickly in the winter
That was quick for them to offer you a payout? It normally take 6-12 months with no complications not 6-8 weeks

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
Had a look at the 86 performance figures are not good enough to warrant its price tag for me.

me personally am extremely tempted by it when change over time comes (should be more able to change more so in 2014) but will start test driving etc in 2013 so that I can work out what I want then order when ready.

all I know is that am I not having the face lifted RCZ looks worse in my opinion. (why would I change to the same car that looks worse than my previous one)

I am not too fussed about 0-60 times and top speed etc I more care about how it makes me feel whilst driving it thats why I picked the RCZ because it make me feel in a way like I am driving an Aston Martin (a very cheap Aston Martin however) with that full leather interior (faux leather dash) with the clock in the dashboard etc.

the GT 86 / BRZ might cater for my need for fun driving for the sake of driving (have been known to drive around for 2 hours for the hell of it) more so than the RCZ. But going to have to see whats on the market by then, I am hoping for the following

Thats saying the stuff I have been hearing about the new Alfa Romeo Spider sure does sound tempting

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's funny how everyone's thoughts on the new RCZ are so extreme. Tomy thinks it looks worse than the current model whereas I think it's leaps and bounds more attractive from the front than the current model, in every way. To me, it looks like its come of age - grown up - more sophisticated. My own thoughts but I really like it :)