What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel Tuner

A

Anonymous

It is often said that the gasoline direct injection engine is powerful ,but it has much carbon sludge left in the cylinder.

This time I've just used "Fuel Tuner",a kind of additives, to keep the engine of RCZ clean ...

I hope the sludge far away ! :D

FGRob

Reaction score
We have a product called RedX over here which does the same thing, but to be honest if you run on the new Shell unleaded product or even V Power you get the same effect, plus some extra horse power - all at a price I will say.

A

Anonymous

I only use Shell V Power as this is the only quality 99 octane fuel on the market. You do get noticeable improvement in performance

A

Anonymous

I used to use Diesel additives often.

Mixed in with 2 stroke motor oil :lol: that helped a lot.

however in tests the additives for petrol proved to be only slightly better thant he likes of V-Power

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your kind comments!
Shell V Power....It's a pity we cannot get it in Japan.

I envy the RCZ with " Ferrari Power" . :eek:

FGRob

Reaction score
adrian said:
I only use Shell V Power as this is the only quality 99 octane fuel on the market. You do get noticeable improvement in performance
Hmmmm - Momentum 99 is OK, I use it in my 2 which monitors knock (Apexi PFC ECU fitted) and there is no difference in performance and knock using it, the price is considerable better.

I do run on V power or I did until my local Shell garage stopped selling it. :evil:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Run the Rcz for first few 1000miles on morrison unleaded only,but for last five months V.Power,no amazing extra 20bhp or sub 6 secs to 60mph,but the engine does feel alive and free reving my average consumption on twisty A class roads is 38.5,weekly trip LLanelli to Bridgend will return 40.5 and thats the M4,will stick with Shell for now :clap:May look at the fuel tuner as the mileage goes up,car only has 6k so far so may leave till double figures.

A

Anonymous

Hey Carrarawhite,
You don't need to bother with V-Power fuel as standard Japanese pump unleaded is (Or was a couple of years ago) 100 octane! I'm pretty sure that UK spec V-Power is only 97 nowadays, but I stand to be corrected! My understanding was that Shell vary the rating from country to country, the Germans for instance get it at 100 octane.

A

Anonymous

indeed. V-power is 98Oct I think and the bog standard premium is 95.

FGRob

Reaction score
Figo said:
indeed. V-power is 98Oct I think and the bog standard premium is 95.
Indeed not I'm afraid - Quote:

In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON (whereas V-Powers' predecessor Shell Optimax was rated at 98 RON). There is one other 99 RON fuel available in the UK, namely Tesco MOMENTUM99.

:wave: ;)

A

Anonymous

Just a quick question.
Is it that noticeable using say Tesco MOMENTUM99 compared to your bog standard unleaded ?

I've never really toyed around with different fuels.
Is it worth paying a few more pence on a litre ?

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Just a quick question.
Is it that noticeable using say Tesco MOMENTUM99 compared to your bog standard unleaded ?

I've never really toyed around with different fuels.
Is it worth paying a few more pence on a litre ?
I too would like to pose the same question but with regards to diesel fuel

FGRob

Reaction score
The main advantage for both fuels is a more efficent detonation, which results in smoother running and a higher return on mpg, it's worth a try but you will need to test over a full tank.

I use it in my Roadster as the map is based on that fuel octane (99 ron) so I can't go any lower or else it "pinks"

My sister inlaw runs V power in her diesel and swears by it.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

I think it rather depends on the application. I had an Evo 4 and an Evo 5 both of which pinked slightly on 98 octane (See my post re Jap domestic market unleaded, which both these were designed to use), I once filled the 5 up with Racing unleaded (104 octane ISTR) at the station on Silverstone Circuit, the cost was eye-watering but there was a really noticeable improvement in the throttle pick up, and no pinking at all. So, I think turbos probably benefit most followed by high compression N/A engines, again I found this out with bike motors but as they didn't have to use unleaded I used a 50/50 premix of 100LL avgas and 4-star with good results.

A

Anonymous

i used v power in my type r and my diesel 130 bhp grande punto absolutely no increase in power but about 3mpg increase and it was slightly more responsive on acceleration but its not worth it even 2 -3 years ago sti evo owner only