What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Nova

Reaction score
Hello!

Recently my Peugeot RCZ 1.6 THP Manual, 200hp, 2010 has been having more and more "Fuel pressure" related issues.

I have a Zus OBD reader telling me the following.

P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low.

Possible causes: Fuel filter plugged or dirty, Fuel Supply Line restricted, Damaged Fuel Pump Module, Damaged Fuel Injector Pump.

Description: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) regulates the fuel Rail Pressure by controlling the fuel volume control valve and fuel pressure control valve, when the PCM is no longer capable of maintaining the fuel pressure the DTC is set.

My RCZ has done ~120k Kilometers and this issue recently popped up and has gotten worse.

P1336 Crankshaft Position Sensor.

"Lots of possible causes"

P1340 Camshaft Position Sensor 'A' Bank 1 Sensor 2.

(Same as above)

P1339 Crankshaft Position/Engine Speed Sensor Cross Connected.

(Same as above).

Occasionally when starting, the car will struggle for a bit then stall, when started again it starts up normally.

Usually when started from being turned off for a longer period of time it idles around 1100 RPM (I assume) for roughly 20 seconds or so, and then goes down to ~800 RPM.

When this "Engine Failure" thing happens usually the cruise control also stops working for some reason, if turned off and on a few times it usually goes back to normal and starts working.

Car runs perfectly fine unless this happens, turbo charges fine, acceleration is good, but very rarely when accelerating for example going up on a highway or after a turn, the engine can like sputter and the engine failure message goes on, and it goes into limp mode, but this very rarely ever happens.

I run this car on the recommended Oil 0-20 fully synthetic or whichever it is and fill it up as soon as it tells me to.

My dad has looked this over but has no real experience with these cars.

I am about to buy a new one and get rid of this which I absolutely do not want to-

Any ideas? I'll provide any information necessary just let me know.

*Addition* If i clear the OBD codes they sometimes come back directly, and sometimes it takes days before they pop back up again.

Last edited:

Nemi

Reaction score

High pressure fuel pump needs to be replaced

Nova

Reaction score

High pressure fuel pump needs to be replaced
So is ~600£ the expected cost for this or what should i expect, and is it even possible to get your hands on them since all are out of stock? And how long are they expected to last? Feels pretty ridiculous to have to replace it already after 120000km....

Nemi

Reaction score
The part itself costs around 500£ in the UK (there are plenty on eBay). Part numbers are 1920LL for THP156 or 1920RT THP200/R. It is not that hard to replace it yourself. How long do they last? Some say around 100k km. Mine broke down at 80k km.

I run this car on the recommended Oil 0-20 fully synthetic or whichever it is and fill it up as soon as it tells me to.

The recommended oil is Total Quartz INEO ECS 0W30 (or 5W30 for higher milage RCZs). In summer, I use 5W30, in winter 0W30.

It is not a good idea to top up/change oil only when the dashboard tells you to do so. Engine oil should be checked frequently and kept at a high mark. Every two weeks I check my engine oil level and top up if needed and every 10k km I change the engine oil. This helps to maintain a healthy engine.