What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel gage

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone

I got mu RCZ 2 weeks now and when I went to refuel I noticed that although the fueltank was full (and I m very sure of that) the fuel gage does not show full all the way
I think of gets stuck in the middle of the first "block" on the full site of the scale
Anyone had the same experience ?
Af first I thought to give it some some time to recalibrate but that doesn't help
It looks like its stuck somewhere in the fueltank
I'll see if I put more Km on it if it will go down or not but even if it does it show a full tank when the tank is full shouldn't it
Anybody have any idea's on this ?

Many thanks

T

By the way first fueltank reserve came on at 963 Km. Happy with that.

A

Anonymous

Hmm, I know the problem from my previous car (a diddy 106) but I haven't experienced it with my RCZ yet.

I've only filled up 3 or 4 times though so.

RCZ1

Reaction score
When you fill up do you stop on the first "click" or do you add any more?

I always keep going until I hear three "clicks" of the pump. I've not experienced your issue.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

I always keep going until I hear three "clicks" of the pump. I've not experienced your issue.

I see you've read the handbook ;)

A

Anonymous

I alway fill up to the max.
very anoying as I don't know what the status is.
I'll get with my dealer and see what's going on

Thnks

A

Anonymous

Had same problem with my GT 156.Always stopped at one mark below full.Had a new fuel tank sender unit fitted under warranty.

A

Anonymous

Overall its not the most accurate fuel gauge even at either side of the gauge the warning low fuel light comes and you can still do at least 60 miles

RCZ1

Reaction score
JWT said:
RCZ1 said:

Yes I'm afraid I am one of those saddos. What can I say, I have a thirst for knowledge....... Part of the enjoyment of buying a new car is reading the manual to find out exactly how everything works....... I'll get my coat.... ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
JWT said:
RCZ1 said:

Yes I'm afraid I am one of those saddos. What can I say, I have a thirst for knowledge....... Part of the enjoyment of buying a new car is reading the manual to find out exactly how everything works....... I'll get my coat.... ;)

I have "techno joy" and much prefer the "press it and see what it does" approach. This has served me well...I just better not be allowed anywhere near a control room in a nuclear power plant!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
JWT said:
RCZ1 said:

I have "techno joy" and much prefer the "press it and see what it does" approach. This has served me well...I just better not be allowed anywhere near a control room in a nuclear power plant!! :lol:
or a woman!

A

Anonymous

Scott barton said:
mrizzle said:
RCZ1 said:
JWT said:
RCZ1 said:

or a woman!

Women come with a manual?! That must be a weighty tome!! Mine certainly didn't come with one...maybe I should take her back to the shop?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Women come with a manual?! That must be a weighty tome!! Mine certainly didn't come with one...maybe I should take her back to the shop?

I take mine back to the shops all the time, but I just seem to come out paying for additional extras.

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
mrizzle said:

I take mine back to the shops all the time, but I just seem to come out paying for additional extras.

:lol: That was your first mistake...

A

Anonymous

OK, problem solved so it seems. My dealer reprogrammed the gauge and now it seems to be working perfectly. Let's hope it stays that way

:thumbup: