What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel consumption

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
So how big is yours?

I did a road trip these days and i managed to make 6.6 l per 100 km!
In fact i made 430km with half of the fuel tank!

A

Anonymous

Pretty good i think! 42.8 mpg for those in the UK

I've got a diesel so 58 mpg make me happy ;-) Sure there is more there to squeeze out of it ;-)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think there might be something wrong with the weight of my right shoe....

I have an average of 32 mpg. I regularly get that down to below 20 during runs :eek:

I know I drive my Z hard, my tyres & my MPG are a testament to that. I think the Z is the sort of car that should be driven like that, but I would like to get a bit closer to your mpg figures.

I did once try my very best, and I got well over 40 but I had a relapse on the way home :twisted:

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Of course my average consumption isnt that low
But it was my first trip that turned to be so economical
And the strangest thing is that for some Miles i drove as Hard as i could

Guess that bigger turbo was by far the Best upgreade for my engine

Hatman

Reaction score
OliMar said:
Pretty good i think! 42.8 mpg for those in the UK

I've got a diesel so 58 mpg make me happy ;-) Sure there is more there to squeeze out of it ;-)

Hybrid ac motor petrol z is the way forward

DRTDVL

Reaction score
when i get to pry the keys away from the wife... the tank tends to drain rather quickly....

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Over nearly 300 miles (since Tuesday :D) Mine is reading 40.8mpg.
Some of which were driving sensibly...
It would have been higher, but I've been failing at getting the sat nav working, so she's had a spell of sitting on the drive with the engine running.

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
I thought that thp 200 had much higher consumption due to the shorter gearing but as i See this is not a problem
I must Change my gearbox...

SilverGTi_6

Reaction score
Yes, I'm quite impressed with the Z economy. I averaged 6.1 liters per 100k on a recent road trip (all highway). Pretty impressive I thought. Averaging about 7 or so around town also which is amazing. That said, there is barely any traffic here, so commute is mostly highway.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well these results are for the R, but I got higher for the 200 GT. ( upto 48mpg on my 150 mile drive home after buying it, but normally 41 - 44 mpg average )

I have tried the economical driving with a few foot to the floor overtakes ( that's the nice bit ) but generally I get back 39.1mpg average with 380 miles per tank with 35 miles range left.

I did get 43.4mpg on my last fill up , over 441 miles per tank with 21 miles range left.

No where near the 50 odd per galleon Peugeot states, and I have only filled up four times since buying, but my overall average on the trip since buying ( as I set the B trip for my ownership figures, as I don't often keep the car too long, and as others have noted the trip freezes at 10000km some 6213 miles ) is showing 39.1 smiles per galleon, which is pretty damned good for a performance car, even if I do say so myself !

:beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have a feeling someone must have tampered with mine & remapped it to 360bhp, I struggle with @30-32 mpg, usually in the 20's. :eusa-think:

But it does go rather quickly when you lean on the fun pedal :dance:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I have had mine running in the mid 30's, but my commute is a 60 road with only a few places to overtake, and there is nearly always a FPO ( Fun Prevention Officer :law-policered: ! ) just to calm things down again - and thus it creeps up to around the 39mpg mark.

Now ask me again after doing the N'ring and it might be a tad lower :eusa-whistle: :D

rcz200it

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I have a feeling someone must have tampered with mine & remapped it to 360bhp, I struggle with @30-32 mpg, usually in the 20's. :eusa-think:

But it does go rather quickly when you lean on the fun pedal :dance:
Hmm It happened once to me but only with a cheap supermarket fuel and using in hillside, while Shell v Power up hills has much more Torquemada low down

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I have only ever used Shell V Power Nitro, and always add half a bottle of RedX Petrol treatment to every full tank. I think I might just be a bit heavy on the right foot :cool:

A

Anonymous

Did a run to Llandudno, about 100 miles, took 1hr 35, averaged 49.5mpg and that was around 65mph as the roads were clear so no rush, oh thats an R btw ;)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Maybe I shall start a thread named "what was your lowest MPG ever". I'd fit in there :D