What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Fuel additives

Kerr

Reaction score
Always a conversation that splits opinion, but does anyone use any?

I started using this a couple of months ago and have finished the bottle. It boosts the octane and cleans.

I put 100ml in each tank meaning it's costing £3 extra per tank. That's on the cheap scale for fuel additives.

The car is running sweeter after using the bottle over five tanks. I'm sure it's better and feeling stronger.

I've also got a Mini Clubman S. It's got a few miles on it and sometimes feels a little off from a cold start. It'll be going in there too and that will be a proper test.

Flanners

Reaction score
I use it. On all my cars, always seems to make the engine feel 'smoother' 100ml per tank? Thought it was 60ml for 50 odd litres?

Increase in octane, reduces emissions, better mpg, cleans injectors with a Halfords Trade Card what's not too like?

Kerr

Reaction score
I use it. On all my cars, always seems to make the engine feel 'smoother' 100ml per tank? Thought it was 60ml for 50 odd litres?

Increase in octane, reduces emissions, better mpg, cleans injectors with a Halfords Trade Card what's not too like?

50ml is the minimum input per tank and 100ml to get the gains claimed.

I don't have a trade card and the Halfords' price looks good compared to online.

Flanners

Reaction score
Just purchased the JLM GDI direct injection cleaner for my R

Pedro

Reaction score
A lot of modern fuels have additives to partly counteract the old gumming up injector problems which plagued the older engines & apparently its been said by certain motoring journos that using high octane fuels is the key to cleaning the system out they obviously won't stop carbon valve build over a high mileage but they can help modern Engines burn leaner & more efficient so are they worth it I know when I put fresh V Power in the car runs a bit quicker so I'm open minded as to using any additives one old trick is periodically clean or even better change the plugs & blow out the Air filter it works a treat

Kerr

Reaction score
I've run a couple of tanks through the Mini Clubman S now. It now runs smoothly from every cold start. No more hesitation.