What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front Suspension Knocking Noise

Lowrider

Reaction score
Got an annoying knocking noise coming from the front suspension on my RCZ 200HP running 19" wheels. There was an advisory on the MOT that the lower suspension arms had slight play so I booking it in and got both sides replaced along with the track rod ends. This did make a slight improvement but the knocking noise is still there at low speeds and it's bloody annoying. I have heard that replacing the top suspension strut mounts could sort this out. Has anybody had a similar issues? Is it worth replacing the shock absorbers and coil springs at the same time if the front suspension needs to be dismantled. The car has done 72K. Don't really want the expense of new shocks and coil springs if not needed but I have already spent £450 on the suspension so far.

Last edited:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
front strut top mounts were replaced foc on a notice from Peugeot on mine, but that was some years ago. Don’t know if the notice is still in effect, but maybe worth a call to your local Peugeot dealer to ask?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve just had a full Bilstein b14 coilover kit fitted and had the top mounts done too I used to get a knock from the front now and then but it’s gone now and the b14’s are awesome what a difference to ride quality the rebound damping is just so good we’ll worth the money 👍

Goatz

Reaction score
front strut top mounts were replaced foc on a notice from Peugeot on mine, but that was some years ago. Don’t know if the notice is still in effect, but maybe worth a call to your local Peugeot dealer to ask?
I tried this recently and the dealership wouldnot consider it due to the age of the car (2010)
I had the strut mounts changed at a fair expense and the problem still persists (Didn’t change the shocks though). Had the sway bars changed too and no difference

Goatz

Reaction score
Please let us know if you find the prob as it’s been driving me nuts for ages

Pedro

Reaction score
When the journos test drove these cars it was noted they knocked their B******s off especially the 200s & the R s as their uprated suspensions are stiff as corpses

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I can confirm the 200 has very stiff suspension. 🤔

It does, however, go round corners faster than the laws of physics should allow 😃

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
My previous car (Honda Civic '08) had a very similar problem with a "knocking" noise coming from the front of the car. It wasn't super loud, but it was almost constant.

I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination, so for all I know the RCZ doesn't even have an equivalent part, but the Civic's problem turned out to be a large rubber washer that supported the suspension springs.

Not sure how, but it had managed to split, so the knocking noise was in fact these two bits of very thick, dense rubber just constantly bashing into one another as I drove.