What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front Parking sensors

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is there any common problems with these I should check for. I get the error message on the dash saying they are non-functional when I push the dash button. Is there anywhere I should look first before I start spending hours going in circles with diagbox and getting frustrated :)

Hmm.... I found a button on the center console that didn't have an obvious marking. When I pushed it I now have a spoiler sitting up nice and high..... And there it stays. That should be fun to get back down .......... Yay.

seeya,
Shane L.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Shane
The button is to let you put up the fin manually if you have the car turned on and press once it comes up a little press again and comes up fully and will stay like that all the time you are driving and even when you park up. To get it down power on and hold button down and the fin will come down too... When driving it does go up and down as you drive... Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
I'm so pleased I ended up buying another lexia system. The relief to just plug it in and have it work. So we have and interior front right sensor fault.

and look at that, this is evidence of an impact against that sensor.

DoubleChevron

Reaction score
so how long does it take to change a simple sensor ?? 3 days ..... yep, 3 days 🤡
so first you whip the bumper off .... before realising you need to paint the replacement sensor .... So dust some satin black onto the new sensor and leave it a night to dry.

Then realise the new sensor doesn't clip in ...
then you realise you have to glue to sensor in (another day to dry)
then you throw the bumper back on (3rd day)

just shitty .... really crappy. but I had an open tube of white polyurethane sealant/glue here. so I smeared a bit of that on.

See the clip that retains them... I'm guessing it snaps/breaks off whne a sensor is changed. I'm betting this car is now on its 4th replacement front sensor (taht is why there is broken clips and rivets on the front bumper).

I'm guessing this one is untouched. the attachment plate is not only still there, it isn't glued on with white glue.

Look at that huuuggeee sensor strip. I wonder if the air bags deploy if that gets damaged.... or maybe the doorlocks just pop?

just brilliant. This car badly needs parking sensor as the ends taper away and you have no idea where they are when parking.