What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front offside indicator

Shiner

Reaction score
Looking for advice. Front offside indicator doesn’t work. Bulb and fitting ok. Also doesn’t work when locking/unlocking. Any ideas please as to cause? Thanks.

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Looking for advice. Front offside indicator doesn’t work. Bulb and fitting ok. Also doesn’t work when locking/unlocking. Any ideas please as to cause? Thanks.
If it’s not working for locking/unlocking nor when selected for either indicating right or when the hazards are activated then it’s likely to be a wiring issue to the light itself, and I would also check the plug to the holder for pins bent/corroded and then put the hazards on with the plug off and test for 12V signal being supplied and also the earth wire is good, also check the bulb holder for corrosion and ensure the bulb is seating properly.

Shiner

Reaction score
If it’s not working for locking/unlocking nor when selected for either indicating right or when the hazards are activated then it’s likely to be a wiring issue to the light itself, and I would also check the plug to the holder for pins bent/corroded and then put the hazards on with the plug off and test for 12V signal being supplied and also the earth wire is good, also check the bulb holder for corrosion and ensure the bulb is seating properly.
Thank you

Pedro

Reaction score
I could be wrong but a light fault should not affect the Central locking that will be on a different circuit controlled from the remote/ignition live system thus it could be a BCM issue which may need scanning to make certain but you could always try a reset as these appear as Auxiliary unit faults
As Logikmaster says it could be a wiring issue to the light but as the lighting unit is fully enclosed & wiring does not cause any major issues unless tampered with it may be a relay problem but needs investigating

Shiner

Reaction score
I could be wrong but a light fault should not affect the Central locking that will be on a different circuit controlled from the remote/ignition live system thus it could be a BCM issue which may need scanning to make certain but you could always try a reset as these appear as Auxiliary unit faults
As Logikmaster says it could be a wiring issue to the light but as the lighting unit is fully enclosed & wiring does not cause any major issues unless tampered with it may be a relay problem but needs investigating
Thank you