What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front clonk again

hubcaps

Reaction score
I wonder whether some if you guys can help. 2013 HDI with suspension clonk from the front that started at about 4k miles. I've had the top suspension mounts replaced along with the droplinks. Also the subframe mounts have been re-tightened (they were under torqued) and the bottom engine mount re-torqued. ITS STILL BLOODY CLONKING!!! What the hell is wrong with this car?? Could it be the top engine mounts?
If it wasn't so nice to look at and drive I would have traded it months ago.

A

Anonymous

Only thing i could add is i have same model and never had any of those problems.Oh and dont be dismayed about non response..see my handbrake post.If you are not into polishing the life out your car then expect a long wait. Maybe you could post end results. At least you have the warranty to fall back on.Its not right of course.All the best mate.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Useful as ever wrapper!!!

It's very rare a post doesn't get a reply. The reason this post hasn't is probably because no one has experienced the same problem. I'm sure in time someone will come along who can help you.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but I would maybe suggest you take it back to your dealer and get them to adjust the top engine mounts.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Thats why i responded that i hadnt had the same prob..its only manners and i thought it was the point of the forum?

Reaction score
Sorry Hubcap for the late reply some of us have to work Wrapper,

I have the HDI version & yes I have the same clonk on the front end, it only happens now & than it has been checked over & all okay so i'm not to worried at the moment, hope this helps :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You mean till 9.40 pm and no response? Dont think so.Alot of selective people in here but its nice to back up old friends when they feel things are running away from them somewhat.Any others care to reply re the initial thread?

Reaction score
Not all of us can have a luxury of a 9-5 day job some of us have to work shifts & can only reply to posts late on a evening after finishing work, so this means I don't get to see the post until a day later.

A

Anonymous

I'm sure if people had any suggestions they would have replied. The problem is it sounds like you've tried all the known fixes.
I do also have a front clonking noise and have tried several times to get it fixed. I've now given up trying as it's not particularly noticeable and doesn't seem to be anything major.

As for the rest of this thread, can we stick to talking about RCZs and stop trying to wind each other up?

Reaction score
mjcuk2000 said:
I'm sure if people had any suggestions they would have replied. The problem is it sounds like you've tried all the known fixes.
I do also have a front clonking noise and have tried several times to get it fixed. I've now given up trying as it's not particularly noticeable and doesn't seem to be anything major.

As for the rest of this thread, can we stick to stick to talking about RCZs and stop trying to wind each other up?

Can someone take the key off wrapper?

A

Anonymous

hubcaps said:
I wonder whether some if you guys can help. 2013 HDI with suspension clonk from the front that started at about 4k miles. I've had the top suspension mounts replaced along with the droplinks. Also the subframe mounts have been re-tightened (they were under torqued) and the bottom engine mount re-torqued. ITS STILL BLOODY CLONKING!!! What the hell is wrong with this car?? Could it be the top engine mounts?

Sorry for the delay hubs, been without a day signal most of the day/evening. It does sound very much like it is an issue with your mounts and definitely worthy of further investigation. When do you particularly notice this sound?

A

Anonymous

mason5465sharon09 said:
Not all of us can have a luxury of a 9-5 day job some of us have to work shifts & can only reply to posts late on a evening after finishing work, so this means I don't get to see the post until a day later.
Yeah..but like everyone?I am usually back from the christian aid shop and Marks and Sparks around 3.Then i see if i can help Mrs Umbridge( she has problems..like down there....and then i wash my hands and then log on.They didnt have "Shifts" in my day.A good job as my man would have killed me if his tea was late.

hubcaps

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
hubcaps said:

Sorry for the delay hubs, been without a day signal most of the day/evening. It does sound very much like it is an issue with your mounts and definitely worthy of further investigation. When do you particularly notice this sound?
It seems to happen mainly from the nearside going over small ridges or bumps at lowish speed. At higher speeds if around 50 to 60 it still clonks if the bumps are "right " enough. Over sleeping policemen or those horrible short ones it doesn't clonk at all. Maybe because they are taken at a much lower speed. I suspect it's something to do with the engine mount over the gearbox that's faulty and allowing that end of the engine to almost touch the subframe. Then when driving along the suspension being so stiff doesn't compress much and that short, sharp movement is transferred in an upward movement on the body shell, thus touching the end of the gearbox. What I might do is dangle a radio mic down there and go for drive and record what's going on. It might not work, but it's worth a shot!

A

Anonymous

mason5465sharon09 said:
mjcuk2000 said:

As for the rest of this thread, can we stick to stick to talking about RCZs and stop trying to wind each other up?

Can someone take the key off wrapper?
No i wouldnt recommend that mrs,But you could of course try.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
When I first picked up my GT 200 I didn't notice any cloncking at all, but then when accelerating hard in 2nd (as you do now & then) I must have gone over a hole or something, and the front near side made an almighty bang.
Since then, I have notice a cloncking every time I go over any kind of bump, but I thought I could also hear it from the near side rear.
I haven't investigated yet, I haven't had the time to do so. The car seems to drive fine, doesn't pull either way, just a bit noisy over bumps, but it's the first car I have had with suspension this solid, so I wasn't sure if this was just a consequence of that.
It's only 13 months old, so I assume it's covered by Peugeot warranty, if it gets any worse, or if I get fed up of it, I will take it in & let them have a look.

Keep posting on this thread if you have any luck with solving it, as it might apply to others (maybe even me) who have similar issues.

A

Anonymous

Hiya, there are garages and bodyshops using rattle detection kits for hard to locate noises on the chassis. These are usually 4 sensors located around an area connected to an electronic control to identify the noisy area / joint etc. I'll try and find the manufacturer for you to phone them for customers using the kit in your area.
If its a dull thud then go top mounts/ shock...if its a rattle go ARB link,,,if its a metallic noise go suspension joint/s.
Hope this helps.