What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Front bumper removal mk1

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone managed to get the front bumper off of a mk1?
i have followed the guide on servicebox but the bumper does not pull off and I have given it a hell of a tug. All clips and screws are off, the push clips have been pushed. The bumper moves slightly back and forth but feels like there is something under the badge holding it.

any ideas?

lee

Last edited:

TL17

Reaction score
Hi Lee,

Mine just came off simply tbh. There is nil behind badge holding on but there are small clips along top edge at front - 4 in fact - that you access and release by pushing down into the very small square holes that sit between the push type plastic fastenings. Headlights out of course, 3 torxs each side where these attach to the brackets, various push clips inside wheel arches and underneath. That’s about it I think, just to remember to watch parking and pedestrian sensor wiring as you remove. Pic shows one of small holes. If you’ve done all above, not sure where it’s catching?

Attachments

• EE300FBD-3369-40CC-A5E5-EC13C76D0128.jpeg
    EE300FBD-3369-40CC-A5E5-EC13C76D0128.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 44

Goatz

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the info, I have pushed the plastic fastenings you mention but the bumper would still not budge. So you didnt need to use much force to pull it off?

TL17

Reaction score
Hi, no, certainly no forcing, took a bit of jiggling to keep all 4 top clips “open” as if you allow it to they will pop back in. Obviously the two small torxs on top, all the black push fittings out, those four push clips I mentioned, three torxs either side at top where it joins the adjustable side bracket, all the fittings to wheel arch liners, and to under splash guard at front underneath. Think from memory that was it? Fog light wires not the longest and I released from underneath to avoid issues, also front parking sensor connection on left side, pedestrian sensor on right. Cannot think of more?

Goatz

Reaction score
Yep i managed to do all you mention and the bumper was hanging off, the only part i couldnt move was where the bumper attached at the top, even after all clips and torx screws removed, and clips pushed through the small black slits. I will take another look this weekend.
i think i read someone else had the same issue. Is yours a mark1 Rcz? Which year?

TL17

Reaction score
Mk1 2011. If I hadn’t recently put my front bumper back on again I would pop out and take mine off to check. I cannot remember anything else I did openly speaking - strange indeed. Sorry couldn’t help more but good luck this weekend. If you find the issue let us know - could be mine is not actually fully secured!

Goatz

Reaction score
I had another go but still couldnt get it off, however, i think it is just on very tight at the middle. I managed to get what i wanted done without taking it off in the end so will leave it for now.
thanks for your help anyway :)

TL17

Reaction score
Strange indeed, but great you managed to sort in the end. I’m battling with a drivers window that will not go up - tried all that can think of and still stumped. Will crack on!

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked out the boot lock as there has been a few posts on here saying that water had got into the look and I am sure some one had similar issues and the lock had got damp they used a hair dryer to dry it out and all was fine...Worth a look..
Stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange indeed, but great you managed to sort in the end. I’m battling with a drivers window that will not go up - tried all that can think of and still stumped. Will crack on!
Going back to the window could the motor be faulty?🤔

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi,
Removing the bumper is a chineese puzzle. You have to press the small square tabs from above but then ironically you are pushing them down into the path of another piece of plastic. I know this cos I got right up inside my bumper and had a look from underneath while I was having trouble getting it off. So this is the drill.
1. Press the small plastic squares shown in the middle of the picture above and the bumper will come forward slightly.
2. Get a thin flat blade screw drive and lever the bumper plastic back up again infront of and near to the tabs you pressed down.
3. With a bit of patience you will see it slip fwd a bit.
4 Do this to all four table and the bump should slip off.

DO NOT prise the Peugeot badge off. It is not attached to anything except the front bumper. I recommend some masking tape on the Peugeot Badge.