What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Forum Security

A

Anonymous

This topic may have been covered all ready so apologies if so

A lot of our photos come up in a google search including profile pics. Is there anyway to stop this?
The avatar photo I have on here comes up on google when I search my name it's like the 6th photo in the images. I don't have this photo anywhere else I'm not on social network sites so its from this forum.
Is there an easy fix for this as I'm not keen on sprawling photographs all over the net.

ksb

Reaction score
The forum just needs to create a robots.txt file and put something along the following in it:

Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /*.gif$

Disallow: /*.jpg$

Disallow: /*.png$

etc, etc... Search engines do not *have* to obey the file but all the popular ones do.

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
This topic may have been covered all ready so apologies if so

A lot of our photos come up in a google search including profile pics. Is there anyway to stop this?
The avatar photo I have on here comes up on google when I search my name it's like the 6th photo in the images. I don't have this photo anywhere else I'm not on social network sites so its from this forum.
Is there an easy fix for this as I'm not keen on sprawling photographs all over the net.
Why are you googling ur own name? :eusa-think: :wtf: :shock: am i missing something here :roll:

A

Anonymous

Lol I didn't the misses did very odd as my profile pic on linked in isn't this photo. But never the less a lot of our cars are on google as a result of posting on this forum.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Anything posted anywhere on the Internet is going to be available for anyone to see, unless of course it's been marked as private. It's the same with all forums. It's not unique to this particular forum. It's for reasons like this that people post low res photos on the Internet, to stop people stealing them. There are ways around this, which is why if you value your photos you can digitally watermark them. That way you can keep track of where they are being used or who is using them unauthorised.

A

Anonymous

Guys please remember this is a public forum and everything you post which is made public, including your profiles are available to all search engines and anyone else.

Please do not post email addresses, addresses, phone numbers etc etc if you don't want them public. Use the PM function if need be.

I see no reason why photos should come up if you search your name but they certainly will if you search your username as they alway appear together. I for one have never posted my surname on here or any other public website.

I will not be stopping search engines searching this site. It is how the internet works and how the vast majority of user find this site and it could not survive otherwise.

This is therefore not a forum security issue. This however may be a personal security issue for individuals who post personal information.

A

Anonymous

There is no such thing as SECURE in the internet. If you are too valuable, keep it offline. :p