What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Footwell lighting

A

Anonymous

This may be a strange question to ask after owning my Z for over 2 years, but should there be dim orangy coloured lights in the footwell,on all the time, even when the main lights are off :eusa-think:

I've never noticed these, until tonight whilst driving home from work :wtf:

They stayed on even when I turned the lights off, but went brighter when I opened the door.
Wife reckons they've always been there, and my lad reckons I'm losing the plot. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
This may be a strange question to ask after owning my Z for over 2 years, but should there be dim orangy coloured lights in the footwell,on all the time, even when the main lights are off :eusa-think:

I've never noticed these, until tonight whilst driving home from work :wtf:

They stayed on even when I turned the lights off, but went brighter when I opened the door.
Wife reckons they've always been there, and my lad reckons I'm losing the plot. :crazy:

Yes, mine are always on just like the ones under the door when you open them.

Mine are xenon white though and I've loved them during the dark period...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

They normally go off with the interior light. That's the "mood lighting" not the ones that light up under the door Dan, jactacs talking about the footwell lighting

A

Anonymous

My footwell ones are on all the time, along with that annoying light that stays on and shines on the gear lever.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
My footwell ones are on all the time, along with that annoying light that stays on and shines on the gear lever.

Shall have to double check mine, as it's probably the same. Normally my eye is on the road and not on my feet, so wouldn't swear to it, but you're probably fight

A

Anonymous

You can turn these off in your dash board menu.
You have a option of having them on/off.
Can't remember how you exactly do it but it wasn't hard as I sussed it out myself:grin:

A

Anonymous

I quite like mine on. It's handy in case I forget where the brake pedal is...

A

Anonymous

Mine come on as I get in then automatically go off with other internal light after about 30 seconds.

A

Anonymous

I appreciate they are on here as the door is open, but they do stay on. Each to there own....!

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:

Yeah thats the ones, always giving a soft orange glow, they go brighter when the doors are opened, and are always on, even with main lights off in daylight.
The ones under the door itself are "puddle lights"

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
You can turn these off in your dash board menu.
You have a option of having them on/off.
Can't remember how you exactly do it but it wwsnt hard as I sussed it out myself:grin:

I think this is whats happened, I've activated them without realising it, because in over 2 years that I've owned the car I have never seen these before .

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
dand87 said:

Shall have to double check mine, as it's probably the same. Normally my eye is on the road and not on my feet, so wouldn't swear to it, but you're probably fight

This is the thing Ron, I was totally distracted by them last night whilst driving home, I kept looking at my bloody feet. :?

A

Anonymous

I've been having a bit of a play with these footwell lights, and it seems as though they only come on when the outside lights are turned on, but only if you choose to turn your lights on in manual mode, same applies to the little single light above , thats shines down on the gear stick.
If you choose auto lights, the footwell lights do no activate, neither does the "gear stick light", at least this is what I'm finding :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I've never noticed the footwell lights until just now. On this dank miserable day my auto lights came on automatically and my footwell lights and the little light that lights up the gear stick where on. I do always notice the gear stick light and my lights are always on auto.

A

Anonymous

Ive switched to auto and only the external lights come on, but switching back to manual both the footwell and gear stick light come on, along with outside lights.
Maybe the newer model is wired a bit different or theres a setting to have everything on in auto mode. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

If you go into your menu and select personal configuration then select define the vehicle parameters then lighting and signalling.
Then you can select if you want the ambient lighting on/off.
Your ambient lights are the footwell lights and the small light which lights up your gearstick.
You can still have your headlights on auto as this does not affect the abient lighting.
Hope this helps:grin:

A

Anonymous

So if I have this right, you can select to have ambient lighting off or on in "auto mode" but then on "manual mode", maybe this is how I've set mine, puerly without even knowing it. :crazy:

It looks like my setting is as follows:
Auto mode: external lights automatically switch between side lights and headlights, but no ambient lighting at all.
Manual mode: manually switch between side lights or headlights and ambient lighting is also on.

A

Anonymous

For a few quid, we should all be changing the lights to a crisp white LED now we will all start noticing them more! I can put the link to where I got mine from, should anyone so wish.

You can do the number plate lights at the same time!