What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Folding Door Mirrors

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can jump backwards and forwards through the tracks but can't change playlists or anything like that, via bluetooth.

A

Anonymous

What about via usb when u plug that In does it sort it via album If you copy the folders correctly ?

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
What about via usb when u plug that In does it sort it via album If you copy the folders correctly ?

There are sort options if I remember correctly

A

Anonymous

Any of you guys have the auto moving down mirrors when slecting reardrive gear? Ive got it, loving it,but ones in a while it seems to forget the possition i want it to move. So when i select reardrive gear it moves to view the sky or something :-/,, ever hesrd of this fault?

A

Anonymous

So when u turn off the car the mirrors actually close in by themselves ?

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
So when u turn off the car the mirrors actually close in by themselves ?

Yes, when you lock it. They then open automatically when you unlock the car.

This is providing you haven't manually closed them beforehand.

A

Anonymous

When you lock the car the mirrors fold in. When you unlock the car, the mirrors fold out again. OR you can flick a switch on the inside of the car and the mirrors fold in/out when you like (i.e. if you fold the mirrors in just before you get out and then lock the car, when you come to unlock the car, the mirrors stay folded in and you flick the switch again for them to fold out).

You also have a function which Wouter001 is talking about, whereby, when in reverse gear the mirrors will move/dip to a pre determined (by you) position and return to the 'normal' position when you disengage reverse. For example, mine dip down and inwards so I can see my wheel (so I don't hit the kerb and damage my alloy).

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Great Cheers for that, looking forward to picking my car up end of the month hopefully.

A

Anonymous

Being able to manually fold the mirrors in was a big bonus on a recent holiday in the Lake District. Those roads NARROW , and NOT designed to be shared with enormous luxury coaches...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Wouter001 said:
Any of you guys have the auto moving down mirrors when slecting reardrive gear? Ive got it, loving it,but ones in a while it seems to forget the possition i want it to move. So when i select reardrive gear it moves to view the sky or something :-/,, ever hesrd of this fault?
I just discovered I have it. Its a little slow to go back to the the original position, but its very helpful with parallel parking :)

A

Anonymous

Havent had the fault again since last time... Apears it only happens when you dont let the mirrors go back to there "normal" position after parking... They go tits up after that in my car...

Rae07

Reaction score
Ian68 said:
Just been down to swansway peugeot in chester. The manager actually dealt with the issue as he drives a z himself.
The problem was the passenger mirror was set so low that when I selected reverse the mirror had nowhere to go.
I automatically thought this had broke.
Anyway problem sorted . Thanks for all of the replies .
:grin:

I am having the same problem as in the post. Ie. Mirror dips on driver side but not passenger's side.

Anyone could enlighten on quote above? So does it mean that when mirror is put to reverse, move the cursor tovset the mirror higher?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Try this.

Select reverse gear, slide the mirror selector over to the drivers side, move the mirror to the required position, (usually so you can see the wheel to avoid kerbs) disengage reverse and move the mirror selector back to the centre. The mirror should move back up to the normal position.

Select reverse again and move the mirror selector over to the drivers side. The mirror should now move down to the previously selected position.

If it doesn’t do this, there is a fault with the mirror.

I had a similar issue recently and had my drivers side mirror replaced under extended warranty. Prior to not moving, I had briefly had issues where the mirror moved up and showed me the sky instead of down. This rectified itself but then stopped moving altogether.

Flanners

Reaction score
Nice tips thanks.....you sure have had some warranty claims! :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Worth every penny :thumbup:

Tbh really hardly had any issues in 5 years with my Z. Just been lucky that anything I did want looking at has been covered by the warranty.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Worth every penny :thumbup:

Tbh really hardly had any issues in 5 years with my Z. Just been lucky that anything I did want looking at has been covered by the warranty.

And may it continue !!

Rae07

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Try this.

Select reverse gear, slide the mirror selector over to the drivers side, move the mirror to the required position, (usually so you can see the wheel to avoid kerbs) disengage reverse and move the mirror selector back to the centre. The mirror should move back up to the normal position. Select reverse again and move the mirror selector over to the drivers side. The mirror should now move down to the previously selected position.

If it doesn’t do this, there is a fault with the mirror.

I had a similar issue recently and had my drivers side mirror replaced under extended warranty. Prior to not moving, I had briefly had issues where the mirror moved up and showed me the sky instead of down. This rectified itself but then stopped moving altogether.

Thanks for suggestion. To update, I have tried this. Mirror does pan downwards but does not return to normal after I put to drive after a few occasions. On those tt got stuck, it only goes back when I put the switch to centre. And when it goes back, it is lower than before.

I tried toggling when in reverse. The motor seems to be stuck at some position. Also, it pointed skywards on a few occasions too.

Curious, how is this a mirror issue when the motor moves in the full range when in adjustment mode.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The mirror will only move back when the toggle switch is moved to the centre position. If it’s left in the right side position, when disengaging reverse, the mirror stays pointing down. Flick it to centre & it should move back to its normal position.

It does sound like a similar problem to the one I experienced. Mine also moved perfectly using the adjustment button, but didn’t move when selecting reverse & flicking the switch over. Prior to this it had occasionally moved skywards instead of downwards.

From my experience, I’m afraid only a replacement mirror/mechanism is likely to solve your issue.

To save on costs, you could try getting a used mirror from a breakers yard or maybe an online auction site where sometimes you can find RCZ’s being broken for spares.

I can’t advise on costs from a dealer as my dealer invoiced the warranty company directly, and I didn’t find out the costs.

Rae07

Reaction score
Hmmm...thanks for advice. Looks like it is time to search eBay for a used mirror before mine goes kaput.