What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Flat battery

Grimreaper

Reaction score
Well been away for month put Z on trickle charge Ctek 5.0 so all would be ok when I returned.

Car started fine, popped to shops & car turned over very slightly sluggish. :eusa-think:
Returned home left car for about an hour then went for a 15 mile run to friends house,parked up for 5 mins & returned to car & just clicked, :helpme:
so got wife to help bump start, returned home & tested alternator output ; 14.3V so only assume battery toast.
Recon my RCZ Had a grump on for leaving her too long. :roll:
Anyone else had anything strange happen to there’s ?

Mine is a 2011 HPT 200 GT

Plecodoras

Reaction score
That's strange isn't it?
I have rate those ctek units as we use them at work, But....
I have had no luck with those so called trickle charge digital managed chargers at home and could blame them on two batteries going down, one on my bike and one the car.
So could well be the charger, though the Z's are very sensitive equipment.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If that’s the original battery on a 2011 Z it’s done well. I think the average battery life is expected to be @ 5 years.

Failing batteries on the Z can cause a multitude of issues as you can read on here if you do a search. If it’s on its way out, you will be well advised to replace it.

The output of 14.3v is expected, so no issues there.

Mine is @ 5 years old now. I left it for 3 weeks twice in last 12 months, no trickle charge or anything as it was in an airport car park, started fine each time, although second time, the Sat Nav had a hissy fit & wouldn’t connect to any satellites. It did this several times over the next few weeks, but seems ok now. Maybe a sign of weak battery? Not sure.

Maybe give yours a full charge for @ 24 hours or so, see if it sorts it, or go to a garage & get them to to a drop test on it, they will often do it for nothing if you are likely to buy a new one from them.

I think it’s probably time for a new one. :eusa-think:

Sawboman

Reaction score
Hi everyone had a flat battery this morning jumped it on son in laws far running on now but the window on passenger door just keeps going up and down and my one drops down about a inch when I pick it any help would be great thanks Trevor :greetings-wavingblue:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Have you fitted a new battery yet?
If not then you need one, if you have, then you probably need to reprogramme the windows.

Sawboman

Reaction score
Not got a new battery car is running fine just Windows won't stay up now do you reprogram the Windows thanks for replying

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I'm not the best to tell you really that's why I didn't post the how to guide.
There is stuff on here but you'll need to find it, or I am sure someone else will Bob in with the answer.
Good luck. M....

ONLY AEK

Reaction score
Just open your windows and keep pressing the button for 5 seconds
Close them and repeat it