What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Flash Drive/USB stick for music?

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys, can you help as im useless with tech ha! Plugged in my MP4 player to the sound system and it wont play....I've seen a few posts on here and seems it wont be compatable.

I have everything backed up in media player, can i just drop it all onto a USB flash drive and will it play from there???? Want to know before I go out and buy a 32bg stick xxxx :geek:

A

Anonymous

Hi, I've got the boggo standard hi-fi (Peugeot Connect Sound) with the USB port in the armrest storage bin and I can confirm that it's happy with a 32Gb stick and it plays mp3's just fine. I'd recommend not filling the 32Gb stick, leave a couple of Gb free as I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the Peugeot standard hi-fi uses spare room on the stick to buffer tracks, or somesuch.

According to the manual the hifi will recognise and play mp3, ogg, wma and wav formats so stick to those.

I can heartily recommend this particular stick, the Sandisk Cruzer Fit. It's incredibly tiny and you can almost fold the USB port cover over it flat so it's well protected. It's dirt cheap for the storage space and size, the reading speed is perfect for music and it's only downside is that it's slow to write to. But as you'll likely only be doing that once it's no biggie!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008 ... F722NYEJY2

Curses, just spotted it's £2 cheaper now than when I bought mine...

A

Anonymous

Aww thank you so much, ordered one and cant wait to get some music loaded up! Mucho Gratsi :)

A

Anonymous

I would forewarn you that if you have a lot of artists listed then it takes a LONG time to go through the available artists!

richard.au

Reaction score
I use an 8gb Sony stick. It will take about 800 songs without a drama.

And the stick remains on random. Buti I have to say, the randomizer is not the best. I used to have winamp running in my previous car, now that had a beautiful random routine. I find the Peugeot keeps repeating certain tracks, to my bored annoyance. I regularly have to skip half a dozen songs on each next play.

I like the USB, but I really miss winamp, Peugeot needs a far better randomizer.