What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First Service

tm2204

Reaction score
Did my first service on the car yesterday... Went well (albeit a little slow for the first time πŸ˜‚).

Oil out from the sump, Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 in, oil filter changed, air filter changed, cabin filter changed, spark plugs out & checked (OK for now 😁). Also checked the condition/levels of the coolant, brake fluid & power steering fluid. All look good but I'll most likely change them all soon.

Learned a lot about the car and was delighted to see a clean rocker under the oil filler cap with zero sign of any sludge πŸ˜… No metal particles stuck to the magnet on the sump plug and despite being very black the oil was 'clean'.

Glad to have the Total oil in there as the filters were all quite bad (particularly the cabin filter :oops:) and my timing chain is nice & quiet (don't know if it's ever been changed) so I'll be doing everything I can to keep it that way πŸ‘

A few lugs half snapped of from plastic airbox fittings were fixed with 2-part epoxy (love this stuff :)),one of my front fog lights has some water ingress in the lens and the bulb is gone (gonna replace both with H8 led's) so I'll need to address that and most disappointingly noticed my middle led brake light has 3 or 4 led's gone πŸ™ I'm gonna tackle opening it up though & replacing the led's with either SMD's or more likely a led strip. Didn't notice this when I was buying the car but wasn't looking out specifically for it in fairness.

Expected to find the MAF along the air ducting just before the air filter box but on my car (THP 156) it wasn't there :oops: I have MAF cleaner and wanted to give it a clean, something I always do every second air filter change. Any ideas where it is located in my car? πŸ€”

Feel a lot happier now I know my filters are all fresh and in particular my car is running the correct oil. I'll manually check the dipstick weekly to ensure it stays at the max (I've 0.75 litre of my Total oil left over in a small container in the boot of my car to call on :)). Never have trusted anybody (even main dealers) to do a proper service on my car. Case in point my cabin filter which most definitely had not been changed in a LONG time despite main dealer service stamps in my cars service book 😀 I've had a few bad incidents and caught out a few 'reputable' dealerships over the years πŸ‘

Last edited:

Alex60

Reaction score
I’ve a few leds out on my middle brake light my wife spotted it I’m sure there are threads about trying to repair but sound tricky

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Lights with water ingress + drill = custom water drainage solution.
Never done it myself though.... ahem.

tm2204

Reaction score
Lights with water ingress + drill = custom water drainage solution.
Never done it myself though.... ahem.

More likely the seal for the light unit is broken or seal cover not put back on correctly leading to water ingres and condensation.

I'll drain out the water, clean up the metallic reflector as best I can, fit a new bulb & make sure the seal is fitted correctly πŸ‘

tm2204

Reaction score
I’ve a few leds out on my middle brake light my wife spotted it I’m sure there are threads about trying to repair but sound tricky

There are... I'm investigating it at the moment 😁

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
On an LED related subject, Be careful with swapping the halogens. I've read in numerous places LED bulbs can make crap fog lights.
Especially ones toward the bluer/cooler end of the temperature spectrum.

tm2204

Reaction score
On an LED related subject, Be careful with swapping the halogens. I've read in numerous places LED bulbs can make crap fog lights.
Especially ones toward the bluer/cooler end of the temperature spectrum.

Thanks for the heads up on the LED replacements for fog lights. I will do some looking into this before making the switch then decide... πŸ‘

Last edited:

Goatz

Reaction score
If you do a brake light repair please document it. I need to do the same :)

tm2204

Reaction score
If you do a brake light repair please document it. I need to do the same :)

I've been talking to a member on here who has done the repair. I have already ordered the red led strip I need and I plan to use a dremel to cut open the unit, sand the edges smooth, replace the pcb inside with the red led strip and seal it all up again πŸ‘

Will not be doing this for a little while yet but when I do I will fully document it and create a thread here for it :)

Pedro

Reaction score
Did my first service on the car yesterday... Went well (albeit a little slow for the first time πŸ˜‚).

Oil out from the sump, Total Quartz Ineo ECS 5w-30 in, oil filter changed, air filter changed, cabin filter changed, spark plugs out & checked (OK for now 😁). Also checked the condition/levels of the coolant, brake fluid & power steering fluid. All look good but I'll most likely change them all soon.

Learned a lot about the car and was delighted to see a clean rocker under the oil filler cap with zero sign of any sludge πŸ˜… No metal particles stuck to the magnet on the sump plug and despite being very black the oil was 'clean'.

Glad to have the Total oil in there as the filters were all quite bad (particularly the cabin filter :oops:) and my timing chain is nice & quiet (don't know if it's ever been changed) so I'll be doing everything I can to keep it that way πŸ‘

A few lugs half snapped of from plastic airbox fittings were fixed with 2-part epoxy (love this stuff :)),one of my front fog lights has some water ingress in the lens and the bulb is gone (gonna replace both with H8 led's) so I'll need to address that and most disappointingly noticed my middle led brake light has 3 or 4 led's gone πŸ™ I'm gonna tackle opening it up though & replacing the led's with either SMD's or more likely a led strip. Didn't notice this when I was buying the car but wasn't looking out specifically for it in fairness.

Expected to find the MAF along the air ducting just before the air filter box but on my car (THP 156) it wasn't there :oops: I have MAF cleaner and wanted to give it a clean, something I always do every second air filter change. Any ideas where it is located in my car? πŸ€”

Feel a lot happier now I know my filters are all fresh and in particular my car is running the correct oil. I'll manually check the dipstick weekly to ensure it stays at the max (I've 0.75 litre of my Total oil left over in a small container in the boot of my car to call on :)). Never have trusted anybody (even main dealers) to do a proper service on my car. Case in point my cabin filter which most definitely had not been changed in a LONG time despite main dealer service stamps in my cars service book 😀 I've had a few bad incidents and caught out a few 'reputable' dealerships over the years πŸ‘
You can use the Maf cleaner on the MAP sensor these should be cleaned around 30/40.000 klm as oils particles stick to the inside & build up over time which could possibly result in the ECU getting the wrong manifold air pressure data I changed mine at 38.000 klm because I suspected it was faulty kept sending a ghost code out on the scanner ..

tm2204

Reaction score
You can use the Maf cleaner on the MAP sensor these should be cleaned around 30/40.000 klm as oils particles stick to the inside & build up over time which could possibly result in the ECU getting the wrong manifold air pressure data I changed mine at 38.000 klm because I suspected it was faulty kept sending a ghost code out on the scanner ..

Where is the MAP sensor located on the THP 156 do you know?

Also the MAF? I couldn't find it along the air ducting close to the air filter box as expected.

boatdriver

Reaction score
When I bought the car and changed the filters, this was the pollen Filter. Despite a full service history I don't think the filter had been changed from new.

Attachments

• Pollen Filter.jpg
    Pollen Filter.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 15

tm2204

Reaction score
When I bought the car and changed the filters, this was the pollen Filter. Despite a full service history I don't think the filter had been changed from new.

Mine wasn't too far behind yours... :oops:

Like I said... I don't trust anybody with my car. I've been servicing my own car and doing all maintenance & repairs for years now :)πŸ‘

Pedro

Reaction score
Eagles nestπŸ˜† mine was on a par with yours & the garage swore it had a full service ! When I got it home & stripped it I swore at the git who sold it me
Where is the MAP sensor located on the THP 156 do you know?

Also the MAF? I couldn't find it along the air ducting close to the air filter box as expected.
Usually near the Airbox on the return from the Intercooler or stand in front of engine & look to the left of the Airbox you will see a Bosch sensor housing with the feed plugged in from the right its is secured with a selftapping bolt headed screw I use a 10 mm short reach socket its fiddly to get out so mind you don't drop the bolt ! πŸ‘
Lying Ba****d !!

Pedro

Reaction score
Eagles nestπŸ˜† mine was on a par with yours & the garage swore it had a full service ! When I got it home & stripped it I swore at the git who sold it me

Usually near the Airbox on the return from the Intercooler or stand in front of engine & look to the left of the Airbox you will see a Bosch sensor housing with the feed plugged in from the right its is secured with a selftapping bolt headed screw I use a 10 mm short reach socket its fiddly to get out so mind you don't drop the bolt ! πŸ‘

[/QUOT E]
I apologise I have crossed lines somewhere at the end of that post you are not the Lying Ba****d I was referring to !

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
More likely the seal for the light unit is broken or seal cover not put back on correctly leading to water ingres and condensation.

I'll drain out the water, clean up the metallic reflector as best I can, fit a new bulb & make sure the seal is fitted correctly πŸ‘
A new fog light unit is actually quite inexpensive at around Β£35 if your units knackered πŸ‘

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

I’ve just replaced my middle brake light with a new unit, I only had one led out but it bugged me I bought the new one from the Netherlands and saved a few quid as these are getting silly expensive.

tm2204

Reaction score

Thanks Pedro, found the MAF on the return pipe from the Intercooler.

Do you know is the MAP sensor below the air filter housing on the intake manifold? That would mean the air filter housing needing to come out to access it and even then it would be tight πŸ€”