What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First Service

A

Anonymous

When is the First Service on the RCZ recquired? I have heard of owners having a 1000 mile service, when I can only see in my Service Book, 20K referred to as the first Service.At that time I had only recorded 230 miles.
I month after I collected my car, I took it to the parent dealership, for what can be described as a 'Tyre Kicker', ( Checking to see if it has 4 wheels ! ! !) No entry was put in the Service Log .
I;m a little confused here.........................................Any comments ?

Mal

A

Anonymous

dealer should have said to bring it in for a 1000 mile oil change and check over to deal with any issue/queries you have. I killed two birds with one stone and picked up my spare wheel at the same time.

A

Anonymous

Is an oil change definitely part of the 1000 mile check ?

A

Anonymous

I thought it was just a coolant / oil check not change

A

Anonymous

Spoke with the Dealer today, and was informed that the first check was offered at 1 month or 1000 miles,whatever came first. Mine was for first month,(I,ve not reached any significant mileage yet), and therefore not required to need a Service until 20000 as per the Service Book. It is interesting however to hear of the variant of 'options' being acted on, mmmmmmmmmmmmm

A

Anonymous

Booked in for the 20000 mile service next Monday, not bad going in 6 months. £189 is that about right?

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think you might be the first person to have the 20000 mile service nelliebear but I think £189 doesn't sound to bad.

A

Anonymous

yep looks ok, hows the tyres for wear or have you already changed any?

A

Anonymous

Hells bells, Nelliebear, thats quite a mileage you have there.....................no doubt your work demands you that you travel on a very regular basis it seems. Anyway keep safe out there.
Mal

PS; I have just passed 2000 miles only after 10 months ownership !

RCZ1

Reaction score
MEvans said:
Hells bells, Nelliebear, thats quite a mileage you have there.....................no doubt your work demands you that you travel on a very regular basis it seems. Anyway keep safe out there.
Mal

PS; I have just passed 2000 miles only after 10 months ownership !

Blimey, do you just sit and drool over it then :lol:

A

Anonymous

bee said:

Tyres are ok (ish) front are looking a bit low but overall still legal ... Have checked some prices kwik fit are about £190 a corner ... Will let you know how we get on at the doctors Monday

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
bee said:

Tyres are ok (ish) front are looking a bit low but overall still legal ... Have checked some prices kwik fit are about £190 a corner ... Will let you know how we get on at the doctors Monday
Ye but Kwik Fit will tell you that you need new shock absorbers or exhaust or brake pads or some other random thing that they have sales targets for that month

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've never had any problems when using Kwik Fit for replacement tyres. In fact, I've always been very pleased with the service from them.

A

Anonymous

Just took mine in for first service today at 10,000 kms (6,250 miles). It took 3 hours and they charged me £139. It is strange that in UK the service intervals are every 20,000 miles!! That's every 32,000 kilometres!!! I would have had 3 services in that interval!!! I would not in all honesty like to wait 20,000 miles to change oil! If the engine is the same etc then why the huge difference??

FGRob

Reaction score
ValleNorte said:
Just took mine in for first service today at 10,000 kms (6,250 miles). It took 3 hours and they charged me £139. It is strange that in UK the service intervals are every 20,000 miles!! That's every 32,000 kilometres!!! I would have had 3 services in that interval!!! I would not in all honesty like to wait 20,000 miles to change oil! If the engine is the same etc then why the huge difference??
Two words - Dust and Heat - you get loads more than we do. ;)