What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First RCZ R Mod....

pete.garratt

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Everyone starts somewhere Pete. ;)

True - but I'm not sure I want to do much to it, to be honest. Having seen what it can do in professional hands a couple of weeks ago at Bedford Autodrome there doesn't see much point!

A

Anonymous

The rcz-r 1.6 THP engine is already TUNED to the Max..So apart from Changing the air intake filter for extra noise,the rest of the power upgrades will be extremely expensive,with limited power returns,its at it's maximum as it is.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
The rcz-r 1.6 THP engine is already TUNED to the Max..So apart from Changing the air intake filter for extra noise,the rest of the power upgrades will be extremely expensive,with limited power returns,its at it's maximum as it is.

Now I wonder what someone like Superchips might say if you asked them?

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
jassyo06 said:

Now I wonder what someone like Superchips might say if you asked them?

Go for it...

A

Anonymous

I'm sure that someone like Superchips will be able to produce a map for it but then I wonder if that's not playing with fire. It's certainly not worth voiding a warranty IMO!

A

Anonymous

Ye dont ask? ye dont get?...A lot of Companys do remaps for my car, way into the 300 bhp arena,but it voids my warranty hence l went for a valid warranty upgrade of only 25 bhp Stage 1 =intercooler,filter...no exhaust upgrade, i like my standard exhaust...but upgrades, they are available, CatBack alone that can add up to 20 bhp. What i am saying is,There's no replacement for Displacement....

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
RCZ-Performance said:
I have another modification for your 'R' Pete ;) Will be announcing it on our FB page shortly

Oh, no. Don't keep me in suspense!

10-15mm lowering springs and the spring are much thicker and better than the factory 'R' ones. This has been done and tested as we are working with company that is offering more for the RCZ 'R' in regards to interior upgrades, exterior upgrades including carbon fibre items. But for now the springs is something we are selling.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
RCZ-Performance said:
pete.garratt said:
.... but it's only a K&N air filter.

Does it use the same filter as other RCZ 1.6's do?

Well, it fits!

Furthermore, when I checked on the K&N web site it said the same part code fitted all engines.

Fitted is good enough for me to sell it for the 'R' as well..thanks mate :thumbup:

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Haven't driven it yet but have a planned 200 mile round trip tomorrow.

I'll let you know if there are any issues - not that I'm expecting any, mind.