What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First post (not how i wanted it to be)

chassmash

Reaction score
Hi
Wanted my first post to be a intro with pics in the newbie section but after picking up our rcz yesterday we had done little over 20 miles home when we had a engine warning light and the turbo was really loud like a screaming ghost or siren.
Seemed to go then kept coming back.
Car seemed to drive fine otherwise any ideas?
Rcz is a 2010 thp 200 44,000 miles full service history.

2retro

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that as it is definitely not normal RCZ behaviour. Did you get it from a garage or private?

chassmash

Reaction score
Hi
Came from a Ford Dealer In Somerset 3 month warranty.test drove it week before then left deposit whilst they sorted new mot etc and the car drove fine pulled really well .

2retro

Reaction score
I think the first thing would be to get on to them straight away them as it's not right. :thumbup:

chassmash

Reaction score
Sure thing but as its now Sunday their closed so I thought I would see if this is a common problem.
Does this sound like a failing turbo or split in a turbo line hose?i will have a look later to see if I can see anything.
Am hopeful we can get this sorted then intro myself properly and enjoy the ownership of the rcz.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum, shame you’re having issues so early on, thankfully your going to be covered by the dealer, I wouldn’t have thought it was a problem with the turbo if the car was still driving fine if there was a screaming noise it’s possibly a belt or pulley? :eusa-think:
Hope you get it sorted soon and your dealer gives you good customer service, let us know how you get on :beer:

chassmash

Reaction score
Hi
Yes they seem to be ok been fair through the buying process .
Is a shame as I did so much research before buying and only con I could see was a reliability issue with the rcz but so many pros no need to list them .kinda glass half full person so not getting to upset yet just took the shine off what otherwise was a good day. :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have been there I had bought mine from a independent dealer drove the car over 100 miles home no problems over the next few mornings the car sounded rough on start up like a diesel and yes the dreaded timing chain issue! Only 17K on the clock! Eventually the independent let me take it to my local Peugeot dealer and payed for the repair :thumbup: five years on and no more problems (fingers crossed) just love the car and wouldn’t swap it for all the tea in China! :D

chassmash

Reaction score
Hi
Yes sure it will get sorted.
Can see why you all love them we sat opposite the rcz with our fish n chips on the beach and 99% of passers by turned to look or pointed whilst it was parked not seen that before even the kids were gob smacked at that :thumbup:

chassmash

Reaction score
Have now got an update for anyone who cares.
Verdict is a failed turbo due to lack of oil .
only thing to decide now is do I keep it or get my money back car is under warranty and the dealer has said they will repair it but I'm not sure.
Real shame as car is mint with all the service history( main dealer) :?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
If your dealer is prepared to repair your car and you love it then why not keep it? Your going to get a car with a new turbo :dance: components fail on all cars it’s called wear and tear, you just got to have faith :thumbup:

chassmash

Reaction score
Yea heart says let them repair it head says get rid quick.
Have said to them all parts have to be new Peugeot no recon parts at all, if they do that with receipts to prove then think I will keep it.