What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First MOT test for my RCZ R

misterx

Reaction score
Well, the time has come. After three years and 70,000 miles the beast is in for service and its first MOT test.
I usually replace my car at about this time but genuinely there is nothing out there I'd rather own than the R - unless Peugeot put another concept car into production of course!!!!.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Glad to hear that! Please let us know the outcome. Honestly I do not expect any quirks but nevertheless the result might be interesting.

After 2.5 years in mine I'm also close to 70k (69k as of now) and I only can agree with what you just said. This year I want to switch to another new car but I'm having hard times to find something as fun to drive as this R. While maintaining the same price range, of course.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My 200GT recently had its first MOT and sailed through with no issues at all. No advisories either.

I too would like to swap my car, usually before it's first MOT, but the only thing I would like to swap it for would be an R, and unfortunately my OH doesn't want another Z when we swap, she is after something with more space. So it looks like we are keeping this one for the foreseeable future - and that's just fine with me :thumbup:

misterx

Reaction score
Well, no problems with the MOT. But, during the service they did a download of diagnostic data and found a fault code that indicated a new fuel pump was required as a precautionary measure.

Unlucky for me, the car is out of warranty as it has exceeded 60,000 miles. Luckily for me, Peugeot have agreed to supply the part free of charge and Robins & Day have agreed to fit it at no charge. Needs to be ordered in, so for now I get to run around in their 2008 courtesy car a bit longer....

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Result :thumbup: except for the 2008 bit. I had one of those as a courtesy car & have to say I hated the thing.

Great news that Peugeot have done the right thing for a change, maybe it's that the fault code could be traced back to before you exceeded the relevant mileage? Perhaps I'm just being a bit cynical, it's just that Pug don't have the best track record when it comes to customer service.

Main thing is you get it all sorted FOC. :dance:

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
DKZ5745 said:
My 200GT recently had its first MOT and sailed through with no issues at all. No advisories either.

I too would like to swap my car, usually before it's first MOT, but the only thing I would like to swap it for would be an R, and unfortunately my OH doesn't want another Z when we swap, she is after something with more space. So it looks like we are keeping this one for the foreseeable future - and that's just fine with me :thumbup:

Swap the OH. :mrgreen:

misterx

Reaction score
[quote="DKZ5745"

Main thing is you get it all sorted FOC. :dance:[/quote]

Yes, all sorted. The warranty was always an issue with my car. I may have mentioned in another post, but because it was (allegedly) the first R sold in the UK to "the public", it was all a bit of an unknown quantity to the dealer when I bought it. The dealer's service book and all the handover paperwork both said first service at 20,000 MILES. The service spanner on the dashboard was also set to remind me when I got near that mileage. When we got to that time, Peugeot UK discovered it should all have been serviced at 20,000 KM (ie 12,500 miles) so I was about 7,000 miles over the limit at first service and the warranty was legally voided. Due to the mix-up not being of my making, Peugeot agreed to "look after me" if anything went wrong in what would have been the warranty period. To be fair, they have lived up to the promise.