What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First impressions

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Hi all, so having sold off my Golf R last year due to not using it, I decided to have a look around this year and find myself a wee project that I could potter about and have a bit of fun driving it. So I just got myself a 156 petrol that’s only done 40k and 1 owner who also just used it on a weekend 👌🏻. Needs some TLC and that started yesterday with a new window regulator and motor on the passenger side, Pipercross air filter and a full deep clean, polish and is booked in for 4 new Michelin PS4’s on Friday 😱 More expensive than my R for tyres 🤬 Next weekend it’s onto the rocker cover seals to fix the oil leak on the top end, rear discs/pads and change the badges (thx Bex) then oil & filter. Then it will be a stage 2 paint prep and ceramic polish probably in a couple of weeks time ready for some summer fun 🤩 (if the summer arrives in Scotland this year.....) There’s other wee cosmetic bits that I’ll sort out over the summer but once the main things like brakes, tyres and engine are sorted then I’ll get them at weekends, weather permitting 🤣 cheers!
DEAFE161-8D1D-4249-854D-5149034E606B.jpeg

Ian J.

Reaction score
Good luck With the project and welcome to the forum
One or two knowledgeable guys on the forum (I'm not one of them I'm afraid) who I'm sure will help you out .

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Good luck With the project and welcome to the forum
One or two knowledgeable guys on the forum (I'm not one of them I'm afraid) who I'm sure will help you out .
Thanks Ian, yes I’m sure there will be a few questions along the way 😀

Dingers

Reaction score
Welcome 👍 Which part of Scotland are you in ? I'm just north of Inverness.

Logikmaster

Reaction score
Window motors are not cheap!!
You’re right there! Main dealer wanted 299 quid for the motor and 276 quid for the regulator 🤮 So I got a complete set from a breakers and then just changed it all together as a unit. It does mean I now have the spare original passenger window motor as it was the cables that had snapped and not the motor, but no probs will either put it on gumtree or eBay for 60 or 70 quid and see someone else alright. Apparently the frost causes the windows to stick on the rubbers and then put strain on the motor/cables so I put silicone spray on the rubbers to prevent it happening again🤞