What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

First 4 weeks with my RCZ

A

Anonymous

So I can get enough posts in to qualify for Jassyo06's "proper board member" status..... ;) Here is a short intro, and a few more photo's. NOT BEING ENTERED into the December comp. :D

I'm in Western Australia, fell in love with RCZ's when they first came out. But really got the bug when I hired one for a week when visiting the UK. Highlight of the trip "home".

The talented one and I, decided we need a second car just for us to use for some weekend fun and found a perfect 2011 Manual, black with grey wheels. Specs are limited here as Peugeot are not a mainstream make, most fun cars (and day to day runabouts) are all V8's so I didn't have much choice in colour/spec.

It has JBL, so does that make it a Monaco pack?

After reading this forum I knew the new shape is coming out and that enabled me to get a good deal. They won't be here until probably April next year and will cost about $65k, that is 42,000 UK....!! :eek:

The car was awesome for its first weekend in the family, a trip to Denmark, Albany, and back via the forests of Walpole. Almost 2000km and didn't miss a beat, economical, comfortable and loads of luggage space.

I have been reading the car care sections and try to follow RCZ1's advice, next thing is to get into polishing. It comes up amazingly following her advice and because it is so dry here, I only use it at weekends and she sleeps in the garage.....Only 1 clean required so far. Maybe again tomorrow but that is more for me than the car :D

So a few more shots after a long dusty drive, so not as shiny as I would like. Hope you likey.

A

Anonymous

Yodoofus, looking great over in Oz. Welcome to the forum and keep enjoying your new wheels :)

A

Anonymous

Looks cracking and a thoroughly enjoyable post! :thumbup: They're calling the sound pack a "Monaco Pack" over there are they?! Where do they get these names from?! :eusa-think: I'm heartened to hear how much you are enjoying owning and driving the car...long may it continue! :D

A

Anonymous

Thanxs for thé mention....LOL so wé have 2 antipodean knight Rider members now and please stick around as big Arnie says in Predator.....lol
And l think Rizzo is tryin his "John maclean" best ..to catch me up on thé post count Hans Gruber...lol

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hey good to hear you are following the cleaning guides - I hope you have fun doing it too :). Car is looking shiny and look forward to hearing more about your adventures ..... Enjoy ;)

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
And l think Rizzo is tryin his "John maclean" best ..to catch me up on thé post count Hans Gruber...lol

Well it is the season for Die Hard...yippee-ki-yay mother&@*+!r!!

A

Anonymous

Oh and, incidentally, the next Die Hard instalment is out next year, "A Good Day to Die Harder". Now, how to convince Jen that attending its first day of release is romantic...:eusa-think: It is out on Valentine's Day. Mind you, last year I took her to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds... Who says romance is dead!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

How can the same sh?t happen to the same guy twice?

A

Anonymous

:lol:
Scott barton said:
mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

How can the same sh?t happen to the same guy twice?

:lol:

A

Anonymous

A bit convoluted but if you listen to Greg Proops podcasts, he does an awesome impression of Jeremy Irons playing Simon Gruber in DHWAV, reading from various books and newspaper articles....Funny stuff. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

2nd clean today, noticed lots of swirl marks now I know what I'm looking for, so will be asking for beginner advice on how to remove very soon RCZ1. At least I am not adding to them using the 2 bucket and mitt method.

We also have a hardworking Nissan Navara in black, it needs lots of work due to the combined slobber of 4 dogs which has the same effect on paintwork as Alien blood. I feel a practice polish coming on. :twisted:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you have a machine polisher ?
Black is always hard work to keep looking good. My husband had a Land Rover Discovery 4 in black. Its a big thing to keep looking good and not having the benefit of shade in our front garden made it very difficult. I had to work very fast and wash, rinse and dry one panel at a time on sunny days, as the water just drys on the car straight away. I don't envy you the task ......

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Black is always hard work to keep looking good. My husband had a Land Rover Discovery 4 in black. Its a big thing to keep looking good and not having the benefit of shade in our front garden made it very difficult. I had to work very fast and wash, rinse and dry one panel at a time on sunny days, as the water just drys on the car straight away. I don't envy you the task ......

Machine polisher on the way, birthday soon :dance: Then I will be off!!

Tricky washing here also, I do have a carport where I can wash out of the sun and a shed which will become the future detailing central. Products are a bit limited here, what do you suggest for steps after Claying? Actually I will reread your detailing thread for your sage advice :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
Sounds like you have it all planned out :)

After claying, you are ready for polishing. Some people rewash the car again but I don't. As I clay each panel, I dry it off so no need as I use loads and loads of clay lube.

So polish then apply your wax or sealant of choice.

Out of interest, which polish and wax/sealant will you use?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Sounds like you have it all planned out :)

After claying, you are ready for polishing. Some people rewash the car again but I don't. As I clay each panel, I dry it off so no need as I use loads and loads of clay lube.

So polish then apply your wax or sealant of choice.

Out of interest, which polish and wax/sealant will you use?

I haven't got anything yet, Meguirs products are available here. Not sure if there is anything better than that. I could probably order online for OZ delivery if you recommend one of each?

Then crank up the electric sander and go for it?? :eek: .... :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Meguiars polishes are very good - I use 205 and 105. 105 is a compound, more aggressive and 205 is a lovely polish - has some cut but leaves a lovely finish.

I don't know if you can get Dodo Juice products in Oz (I think you can) but they have some very good waxes and are also just launching some new products, some of which are sealants. The sealants are going to offer 1-2 years worth of protection. Any of them are excellent products and if you use their Lime Prime as a base for the wax, it's phenomenal.

http://www.dodojuice.com/

Hope this helps :)

A

Anonymous

Yodoofus said:
RCZ1 said:

Machine polisher on the way, birthday soon :dance: Then I will be off!!

Tricky washing here also, I do have a carport where I can wash out of the sun and a shed which will become the future detailing central. Products are a bit limited here, what do you suggest for steps after Claying? Actually I will reread your detailing thread for your sage advice :D

I believe the best polishers and waxes are Zaino and Quick for car care. Traditionally, I read info in the web for Exterior Accessories lists by AutoExpertGuides to find the products of high-quality.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
For the getting banned unless their next post is a sensible one :dance: